Skyrim SE at 2560x1440?

homeyjay

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this - if it isn't please forgive me!

I'm new to Skyrim SE (and PC gaming) and am using an Alienware 15 r3 with a 1070 card and 4k display.

I can run the game with all the mods I've downloaded so far at 3840 X 2160 @ 40 FPS but I'd really rather run it at 2560 X 1440 to get a better FPS figure. The only problem is that this option is simply not available in the Skyrim setup - only 1080, 1200 or 2160 (all heights). I've tried to change the skyrim.ini in the documents/games directory but if I set it to 2560 X 1440, the game occupies a quarter of the screen and I can't get it to stretch to full screen no matter what I mess with (including the full screen option in the ini file).

Is Skyrim not capable of running at this specific resolution of 2560 X 1440?

It is, I´m running it at 2560 x 1440.

The list of available resolutions in the launcher has 1600 and 1920 but none of the numbers you see obviously. Is the aspect ration set to 16:9?

Edited by Shabdez

It´s a tool to modify your ini files with an easy to understand GUI. You can find it here on the nexus. I use it and have no problems with it.

EDIT: One warning though, don´t disable Depth of Field! This causes issues. If you don´t want DOF, turn it off by using the slider in the in game options menu.

Edited by Shabdez