GTX 980 ENB fps severe drop

viral777

I finally got my enb to work, but my frames only stay at 60 for about 30 seconds before dopping down gradually by 10(ish). My pc can run skyrim enb's so new vegas shouldn;t be a problem.

I have a gtx 980

8gb ddr3

amd fx 9590

i have tested this with and without the 4gb patch. I tried tweaking some of the ini files as well. Im clueless..

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you tried using NVAC and the stutter remover as well? and they are in the nvse folder right? In your Data - nvse folder have you got a nvse_ Config.ini? If you dont make one (make sure its out of the plugins folder) and try add the line:

[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=400
ScrapHeapSizeMB:=256
See if that helps :)

Have you tried using NVAC and the stutter remover as well? and they are in the nvse folder right? In your Data - nvse folder have you got a nvse_ Config.ini? If you dont make one (make sure its out of the plugins folder) and try add the line:

[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=400
ScrapHeapSizeMB:=256
See if that helps :smile:

yeah I have NVAC and stutter remover installed through NMM.

so it took maybe a minute longer for the frames to drop, hmmm, I wonder what could be causing the issue??

@dubiousintent I'm pretty sure you were the other guy who was helping me with my enb shift-enter crash problem, I found the solution (as simple as it was) some of my background programs kept messing with the enb, such as Razer Synapse, EVGA precision X, and a universial media app (used for the ps4).

Edited by viral777

Which enb is it you are currently using and have you tried using other enbs for instance?

*edit* Also is it just in one place where the fps drops? Try Coc your way to another map location and see if there is an fps drop there. If there isnt could be some mod thats having a large impact

Edited by vulpediablos

Which enb is it you are currently using and have you tried using other enbs for instance?

*edit* Also is it just in one place where the fps drops? Try Coc your way to another map location and see if there is an fps drop there. If there isnt could be some mod thats having a large impact

im going to give the dynamo ENB a shot right now, I was using the enhanced shaders + neveda skies ENB. The fps drop hit everywhere.

Hmm i take it you was using enhanced shaders project nevada version as well?Once you tried dynamo let me know what happens. Im going to stick around here for a bit, ill keep refreshing my page so i dont give you a long delay on replies. Also give Old World Enb a try, used to use that on my laptop which specs are below yours and i didnt get that bad fps so might be worth a shot and see if there is an fps issue.

Also you turned off your AA/AF right in the launcher?

Edited by vulpediablos

same thing happened with dynamo enb, fps drops

Hmm i take it you was using enhanced shaders project nevada version as well?Once you tried dynamo let me know what happens. Im going to stick around here for a bit, ill keep refreshing my page so i dont give you a long delay on replies. Also give Old World Enb a try, used to use that on my laptop which specs are below yours and i didnt get that bad fps so might be worth a shot and see if there is an fps issue.

Also you turned off your AA/AF right in the launcher?

Hmm thats pretty strange, i wonder what happens if you untick "Dof and SSAO". Should beable to do it with Shift and Enter. Its weird that all enbs are having the same effect though, i mean how modded up is your game?

Also are you using big texture packs? like 4k res or full 2k res for instance. Might be worth trying a lower pack if you are and see if that gives you some fps back.

Edited by vulpediablos