ENB gives 0xc000001d error. How do I fix this?

dePog

Out of the blue a few of days ago I started getting the error message:

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000001d)"

I have found the culprit to be - d3d9.dll

If I remove d3d9.dll from the Skyrim directory, then Skyrim will start. However that means I would have to play without ENB

Does anybody know why Windows 10 has suddenly taken a dislike for for the d3d9.dll file ? (And how to fix it)

Cheers,
dePog

PS. Been running Windows 10 for about a year without any issues.

PSS. Yesterday I uninstalled Skyrim. Uninstalled Windows and reinstalled it fresh. Re-installed Skyrim. It would not run due to C++ files missing. Downloaded them. Now Skyrim will try to start, but just shows a frozen cart scene. Tried ENB and it still gives the same error - "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000001d)"

So now I have a fresh Windows installed, fresh Skyrim installed and it didn't fix the ENB error, plus Skyrim stalls at the opening cart scene. Excellent!

WTF is error 0xc000001d and is there anybody in the universe that nows how to fix it? (Sorry, I am at the point where I want to throw something sharp at MS for their vague and unhelpful error messaging system)

If I remove d3d9.dll from the Skyrim directory, then Skyrim will start. However that means I would have to play without ENB

Does anybody know why Windows 10 has suddenly taken a dislike for for the d3d9.dll file ? (And how to fix it)

Cheers,

dePog

PSS. Yesterday I uninstalled Skyrim. Uninstalled Windows and reinstalled it fresh. Re-installed Skyrim. It would not run due to C++ files missing. Downloaded them. Now Skyrim will try to start, but just shows a frozen cart scene. Tried ENB and it still gives the same error - "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000001d)"

So now I have a fresh Windows installed, fresh Skyrim installed and it didn't fix the ENB error, plus Skyrim stalls at the opening cart scene. Excellent!

WTF is error 0xc000001d and is there anybody in the universe that nows how to fix it? (Sorry, I am at the point where I want to throw something sharp at MS for their vague and unhelpful error messaging system)

Need to install DX9 from the game ....

Cheers,

dePog

Need to install DX9 from the game ....

- Completely uninstalled Skyrim again. Manually deleted the Skyrim folder from Common so there could be absolutely no trace of the last installation.

- Re-installed Skyrim without doing anything regarding DirectX. Skyrim loaded and ran the intro cart sequence ok.

- Then Installed ENB and tried to start the game - nothing happens. No error message, nothing. Game does not even try to start.

- Found the DirectX10 (not 9) folder inside the main Skyrim folder (is it supposed to install directx9, if so why did it install a directx10 folder?). Ran the Directx10 setup and it seemed to install OK.

- Tried running Skyrim (without ENB) and it loaded and ran perfectly.

- Then Installed ENB and once again nothing happens when you click play in Steam. There are no error messages, no attempt to start the game. Its as if you hadn't clicked " Play"

I am not a new user having NOOB issues. I have uninstalled and re-installed Skyrim multiple times over the years and never had an ounce of trouble.

Any more thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

dePog

i know it's possible. it's just that back when i had the problem i tried so many things that it's hard to remember what fixed it. i had tried those runtimes, some obscure files i had to extract from a huge archive, reinstalling steam directly in c:/steam, and eventually it just worked.

you should still be able to use the injector version, but i know there's a better solution than that.

Edited by ymf331

Hi dePog

I had the same problems as you. So i searched around and found this:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33227/?

It works for me and others who had the same problems.

Thanks Xavier,

I am just in the middle of wiping my computer and re-installing Windows to try and solve the problem. If that doesn't work I'll give that fix a try.

Thanks again.

dePog

EDIT:

- After completely wiping my C: drive and reinstalling Windows (was Windows 10, now reverted to Windows 8 ), I installed Skyrim and tested it without ENB. Ran perfectly.

- Installed ENB and tried to run it from Steam. Skyrim's starting loader menubox appeared, but crashed immediately.

- Installed the NVIDIA OPTIMUS D3D9 DLL Fix and now ENB works again.

The world of Skyrim and ENB makes no sense whatsoever. Why does an Optimus fix work when I don't have an Optimus version of nVidia card? Skyrim with ENB has run for yeeeaaaaarrrrrrsss on my PC without any problem. Why did it stop? Why didn't a complete reversion to a setup I started Skyrim with years ago work? Why didn't an older version of ENB work? Why am I asking soooo many unanswerable question?

Bottom Line..... I'd like to thank those that offered their help. Much appreciated. Problem solved. (but I am still completely p*ssed off, lol)

Edited by dePog

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

The solutions posted here didnt worked for me, but I figure it out anyway, I have Windows 10 x64, I just downloaded an older version of ENB Skyrim (core file, the ones from enbdev.com for examplefrom v0119 and also v0117beta worked :), http://enbdev.com/mod_tesskyrim_v0119.htm), I comment this for help someone with same issues.