[Guide] Player Armor Model Swap

DeltaType90

Is it possible to use this for non armor model swaps?

Truth be told I haven't had much other luck yet, seems things like weapons and creatures need a lot more info to be transferred / swapped out, I imagine that it has to do with the fact that all armors use the same skeleton and animations, i.e. the player one, so they will always be compatible, which is far from the case when it comes to creatures, NPCs and weapons.

In theory it should be possible to swap out for example an Asari body with another Asari body, however my guess would be that special characters like the companions will also have their own skeletons and animations, though I can't say for sure as I haven't gotten that deep into it at this point :smile:

Edited by DeltaType90

Would the HEX-Adress for this attempt be the same as for armors?

I wouldn't imagine so, again with the armors it is all very uniform since they use the same sort of template for setting up the data, whereas the Peebee model model probably has its own, but it is worth a shot :)

However my guess will be that you will need to use the old way of looking for the GUID and then trying to locate it in the hex data :unsure:

I have a question. I guess I'll find out when I boot up the game again to check, but should this replace the model in the Development table of the Research Center, as well? I changed the values correctly, but when I go to develop the armor (I changed the Kett armor to the Pathfinder armor) it still looks the same. I haven't put it on my Ryder yet, though, wanted to make sure I did everything right first. Might be answering my own question in a minute, but it might be helpful to anyone who wonders the same or if I actually did something wrong...

I have a question. I guess I'll find out when I boot up the game again to check, but should this replace the model in the Development table of the Research Center, as well? I changed the values correctly, but when I go to develop the armor (I changed the Kett armor to the Pathfinder armor) it still looks the same. I haven't put it on my Ryder yet, though, wanted to make sure I did everything right first. Might be answering my own question in a minute, but it might be helpful to anyone who wonders the same or if I actually did something wrong...

The change will only affect the armor seen on character, the UI model is unchanged :)

So in loadout preview, skills window and world space the new model will show, everywhere else the original armor will show ;)

Okay guys, with the new version of Frosty Mod Manager out, there is now a much faster and easier way of doing armor swaps, so I will probably make a new guide for using that method later today :wink:

can't wait :D