[Guide] Player Armor Model Swap

DeltaType90

I completely trashed my game using this method and deviating from the directions to edit a casual outfit. My game just loads forever on the initial loading screen now. Frosty said something about a new game version when I loaded MEA via its launcher even though I had only exported, edited, imported the "gear_casual_04_cool.ebx.bin" file. I tried to fix it by importing the backup created on edit and I am still stuck on the load screen.

I am about to do a fresh install and I am wondering what file the HxD edits so I can do a backup? It would really help. I would feel more free to make changes if I didn't have to worry about breaking my game. :sad:

I was trying to edit the default colors of the starting casual outfits through trial and error.

• 7 months later...

I tried to swap Initiative chest 1 rank with 3 rank and my game now loads eternally. Then i did exactly the same as you, replacing n7 and initiative armor. Same result. Why? The game isnt updating for years now. BTW i did that armor swap 8 month ago, i replaced initiative armors and it worked perfectly. Why its not working now? And not just not working - crashing the game completely.
Sry for my english, its now my "natural" language.