jkruse05

This is primarily to gauge interest and gather some feedback. I'm currently working on a mod to improve the vanilla "Assault Rifle" in a similar way to my Institute Electrolasers mod. The idea for both is to take a generally ignored weapon from the vanilla game and improve it in such a way that it becomes a desirable weapon in the wasteland, but does not become overpowered. My plans for the Assault Rifle start with some basic changes, things done by several other mods, but bloom into something a bit... more.

-Rename to "Machine Gun". Let's be honest, it has to be done.

-Rechamber to .308, possibly with an option to swap to Nuka World's 7.62

-Slight damage boost, maybe 10%

Those are the basics, here's the more advanced stuff.

-Make the "Machine Gun" based on the heavy weapons perk set, effectively making it the base level, common, heavy weapon.

-Add a hidden "enchantment" that has a chance to induce fear on the target with every hit. Machine guns and squad automatic weapons are generally intended to suppress the enemy and allow other elements to maneuver. Since there is no real suppression system in place for Fallout 4 this allows the Machine Gun to fill that role. Especially useful if you're running with multiple companions or calling in a Minuteman squad.

-New barrels to change up the look and cut a little weight (these will be in addition to the old barrels, not replacements).

79299-1496271747.png79299-1496293181.png

-And potentially other parts if I, or someone else, comes up with some good options. To be clear, I will not be replacing the existing receiver.

So, thoughts, ideas, criticisms?

Edited by jkruse05