Heavy Traffic ×

What zombie apocalypse mods should be. Can it be done?

bladesmith22

OK to start off with I would like to say I'm a complete nodding noob. I'm not sure if what I'm about to say is even possible but here it goes.

(Don't know all the details so please forgive the amount of vagueness that I use)

You start your new save in a random cave equipped with nothing but your ragged clothes. No spells no lock picks no torches.

As you could imagine the land of skyrim is over run with zombies. (Think of the lowest lvl dragur with no armor or weapons. Maybe even some with regular clothes. ) the one difference here is that there are notwo many people left in skyrim. The people that are in skyrim are scares bandit parties scattered across skyrim and in some random cities and caves. The cities have been unkept due to the lack of people so there is grass in the roads moss on buildings ect. They are also over run with wildlife. All of skyrim wildlife is more present throughout the world. You have to eat and drink water to survive and you have to build a fire to cook the meat you can get from animals. (Sort of jumping around here I'm sorry) weapons are hard to come by and very few people left in the world have any sort of weapons or armor most use unarmed combat and wear clothes the ocasional bandit may have a dagger and one piece of fur armor. One may have no clothes on what so ever but have a longbow with a few iron arrows.

Weapons. You can only carry 2 types of mele weapons such as a dagger and an axe or two swords ect. In addition to the mele weapons you may also carry one ranged weapon with a liMIT of only 50 arrows. Carry limit needs to be modified to where you cannot walk around with 40 deer skins and 62 cooked venison instead only a limit of around 5.

Spells. Spells books can be found in random chest throughout skyrim but they are very rare. There will be certain spells that allow you to revive your followers if you are lucky enough to find the spell and if you have enough magicka to cast it.

Followers. There will be an unlimited amount of followers you may have. The only followers left in the game are the housecarls. They can be found in random caves and building in cities. You have to search for them. They will only be equipped with ragged clothes and no weapons or spells. They are not essential. Meaning you can turn on them. Use them as bait whatever you would like to do. You can bring them back to life if you have the necessary amount of magicka and the right spell. You wI'll have to equip them with weapons and armor you find just as usual.

Zombies. The draugur do not have any weapons. They will appear aNY were in skyrim. In caves in the woods or in cities. They will range in a group of 1-6 the more populated the place the higher the group. So you are more likely to run into a group of 6 within a citie. Vs in the woods you may come across 1 or 2. The zombies scale with your lvl and with the difficulty you choose like normal.

Mods. In order for this to really come to life I would use mods that increase combat ai so the zombie does not just stand there walking back and forth looking at you. So enemies will be much more aggressive. Also use a camping mod. For building shelter and fire and cooking. A mod that makes it necessary to eat and drink or you will die. A mod for better landscape and static mesh just for looks. A mod such as dense grass. A mod for better trees and water.

I think this is everything. Lol please for give me for how scatter brain this post is. This all just came to me at once lol hopefully I didn't leave anything out please respond to let me know if this can be done and modders if you can do this and would like to any questions you have i am glad to answer. It is all pictured in my head but I don't have the skills or knowhow to make it happen.

No other zombie mod is anywhere close to this lvl of reality that I have found.

Thanks, Blade Smith.

This would be closer to Enderal than a normal mod. You'd need to strip Skyrim of everything to do with the existing dialogue and quests in favor of this zombie thing. It's not impossible, at least it shouldn't be, but it would also be a lot of effort.

the problem i see with something that extreme is that there's no goal. like you're playing, and there are zombies, but what's the point? no quests, no cities to piddle around in between outings, no lively inns to have a drink in. what incentive is there to even explore the game world? i like undead night spawns from immersive creatures to add an element of it, but for me it kinda' has to fit with the other goals that i would normally have or it's basically just wandering around repeating the same few things over and over. like minecraft except more boring due to not having blocks to play with.

Edited by ymf331

Well as I mentioned I was just trying to type out what rushed into my head lol. Nothing set in stone but that is just the type of vibe I would like. Of course there could be some type of quest for you to complete such as eradicate the zombies by destroying the source from Wichita they came blah blah. But just the main consept is all I was saying initially.

i hope that's not the source since i live there. i get what you're saying, just that it's hard to implement. somewhere for all the important npc's to hide, some means by which they keep the zombies out, and some acknowledgement on their part that the city's full of zombies. making the genres fit together would be really hard to do.

Haha sorry auto correct lol but yeah I understand. I just want a zombie version of skyrim like red dead redemption. Instead with have the 28 days and a bit 5. Which is kinda crappy to me lol just can't believe there isn't better zombie mods especially for Skyrim Special Edition

yeah i was interested in something that somehow added a survival-horror element to the game without destroying it, but so far the best thing i could find that didn't break the entire game was sic. i just use the immersive creatures undead spawns at night without the rest. it shouldn't be too hard to modify that to days too and place some oblivious guards and barricades around the cities. barely make it there alive and they'd be wisecracking about sweetroll theft.

i think what you're suggesting would be technically possible. i mean, look at enderal.

Edited by ymf331