CTD with no error message, after mods

Slingy17

Well i spent the last few nights after work installing mods from http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76373/?tab=5&&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fcomments%2F%3Fmod_id%3D76373%26page%3D1%26sort%3DDESC%26pid%3D0%26thread_id%3D5682872&pUp=1 and after every few I'd use LOOT and then launch the game, walk around the area for a minute or so, and make sure the FPS wasn't insane and the game didn't instantly crash. Now I've installed nearly everything up to the ENB (I left a few choice mods out) and I tried to start playing again. Initially this worked, just as it had throughout installing all mods. Walking anywhere for more than 2-5 minutes causes a CTD with no message. Fast travel will do the same. I must have mods clashing somewhere but I can't figure it out. I had a clean install prior to using this guide. Any help would be much appreciated :smile:
hopefully I don't need to reinstall and start all over

any details that need to be known, ask and I will provide to the best of my ability
Skyrim Legendary (all DLC)
Using NMM and SKSE
Specs:
i3-7100 3.9ghz dual core
GTX 1050ti 4GB GDDR5(slight OC)
2x4GB DDR4 2400 MHz RAM
Mod load order according to LOOT:
0 0 Skyrim.esm
1 1 Update.esm
2 2 Dawnguard.esm
3 3 HearthFires.esm
4 4 Dragonborn.esm
5 5 Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
6 6 hdtHighHeel.esm
7 7 Unique Flowers & Plants.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
8 8 mintylightningmod.esp
9 9 83Willows_101BUGS_V4_HighRes_HighSpawn.esp
10 a 83Willows_101BUGS_V4_HighRes.esp
11 b EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
12 c Book Covers Skyrim.esp
13 d ELFX - Exteriors.esp
14 e immersive roads.esp
15 f Weathered Road Signs.esp
16 10 ELFXEnhancer.esp
17 11 Realistic Boat Bobbing.esp
18 12 Birdsofskyrim.esp
19 13 EpisodeParallax.esp
20 14 Smoking Torches.esp
21 15 SkyUI.esp
22 16 iHUD.esp
23 17 AMB Glass Variants Lore.esp
24 18 Differently Ebony.esp
25 19 SLO_StoneWalls.esp
26 1a SMIM-Merged-All.esp
27 1b SFO - Dragonborn.esp
28 1c dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
29 1d dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp
30 1e aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp
31 1f DeadlySpellImpacts.esp
32 20 Beards.esp
33 21 Bijin Warmaidens.esp
34 22 Vivid Landscapes.esp
35 23 Skyrim Particle Patch for ENB - Flame Atronach Fix.esp
36 24 WondersofWeather.esp
37 25 Natural Lighting Vivid Atmospherics.esp
38 26 IcePenguinWorldMap.esp
39 27 Skysan_ELFX_SMIM_Fix.esp
40 28 Smoking Candles.esp
41 29 RUSTIC SOULGEMS - Sorted.esp
42 2a TAotB - New Facial Hairs.esp
43 2b fallentreebridges.esp
44 2c FarmhouseChimneys.esp
45 2d RealisticWaterTwo.esp
46 2e RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp
47 2f Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
48 30 Skysan_ENBHorseTrough.esp
49 31 Verdant - A Skyrim Grass Plugin.esp
50 32 RBB - Realistic Water Two.esp
51 33 EmbersHD.esp
52 34 KS Hairdo's.esp
53 35 NB-Scars.esp
54 36 HDTPhysicsWeaponSling.esp
55 37 The Ordinary Women.esp
56 38 Males of Skyrim.esp
57 39 Bijin Wives.esp
58 3a Bijin NPCs.esp
59 3b Watercolor_for_ENB_RWT.esp
60 3c Realistic HD Beverages.esp
61 3d Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
62 3e FarmhouseChimneysLAL.esp

hm... elfx should go much lower, right before alternate start. and realistic water two and watercolor should go after alternate start. make sure any patches go after both mods they apply to. not sure off the top of my head, but loot isn't a reliable way to sort them. you may have to look in the plugins with tes5edit and find out. after loading all the plugins, right-click in the left pane and click "apply filter". then when the box pops up, uncheck the first and fourth boxes, upper left corner, and click the "filter" button. you should now be able to browse the plugins and see only which ones are overwriting each other.

Thanks for the quick response, I'll give that a try tonight after work and report back afterwards. I was under the impression that LOOT was the best tool to sort plugins and would do it all for you. I suppose nothing's perfect though

it just sorts them by metadata from the masterlist. a discerning set of human eyes is able to do a much better job for obvious reasons. it's just easier to say "run loot" than explain what to do for any given combination of plugins.

It seems I'm daft and can't understand how to use TES5Edit. I tried moving the few plugins that you suggested, NMM won't allow me to move Realistic Water any lower for some reason. When using tes5edit I applied the filter and I got a big list of plugins, and a lot of red backgrounds and red letters. I don't know how to decipher this, I was more hoping for a couple clashing plugins but maybe this issue is larger...

lol yeah it's pretty amazing when you first see it. i don't know if it would cause your game to crash, but the realistic waters plugins should be after everything else just because it changes the water types for an entire worldspace. any mod that just changes something inside will overwrite that with vanilla. how to decipher it... the green/yellow/red just refer to how many conflicts there are and sometimes you WANT conflicts. i almost always wind up doing something with the olive ones because they're itm overwrites (if i remember right). the problem with this kind of stuff is, i can't give a step-by-step for your exact load order. you could definitely get some examples if you search for "skyrim conflict resolution". with that small a list your major issue is probably load order, so you shouldn't have to actually change any records for now. if you add a lot more mods you may have to learn more about it.

the real issue is that a lot of people are told that running loot will fix everything, but judging by how many 'ctd have load order' threads that pop up every day, that's not the case.

*nvm about the redundant plugins. i was wrong and removed the sentence.

Edited by ymf331

Most important, what ENB you use? You have "ELFXEnhancer.esp", and many enb (like Vividian ENB) are incompatybile with it.

Also You should try this http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72725/? its make miracle for a lot of ppl. Also try add this

[Papyrus]

bEnableLogging=1

bEnableTrace=1

bLoadDebugInformation=1

in skyrim.ini (not skyrimprefs! Usually in C:\Users\yourname\Documents\My Games\Skyrim). It will create log (after crash) in txt that can be checked

C:\Users\yourname\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Logs\Script

if you post it there maybe we can find what mod make you crash.

BTW. When you use LOOT theres on the top you can see warnings/errors/total messages. Its anyting write there?

Edited by MiGJaell

I don't use an ENB yet, I wanted to make sure the game ran before installing one. I've tried that crash fix mod, it didn't help. I've also tried enabling crash logs but nothing appears there after a crash for some reason. Also in LOOT there were no errors, a couple warnings. There were a couple mods needed cleaning, so I cleaned the Skyrim and DLC esp's, and I tried just uninstalling the two mods that needed cleaning, but that didn't help either