Having trouble installing FNIS in MO

SyncShips

the "data folder" in this case is a "virtual directory", and one of mod organizer's major "selling points". it just points to where the actual files truly exist on your computer (in this case, your mod organizer directory). any problems with things not having sex should probably be directed to the loverslab forums.

Yeah, I figured, but since it seems like it is something directly with FNIS not working, I figured I'd start here.

• 3 years later...

th

You have incorrectly(or rather not at all) installed FNIS. The generator thinks the path is:

...\Skyrim\data\FNIS Behaviour 6.3 XXL\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe

It should be

...\Skyrim\data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe

To fix you need to install FNIS in MO like any other mod: double click on FNIS from MO's downloads tab. As FNIS does not use the standard folder structure for MO, the screen from the image in your first post will appear. Note that bottom left will read as "No game data on top level" in a red color. You will need to expand the "FNIS Behaviour 6.3 XXL" folder (if it wasn't already) then right click on the "Data" folder within it and select "Set data directory". The unnecessary clutter will be removed from the screen and the bottom left should now read as "Looks good" in green (this is your cue that it is fine). Click on OK and FNIS will now appear in your mod list.
You can now follow ymf331's instructions to add the FNIS executable to the MO list of executables, and it should work properly.
One more thing, after running the generator tool, you will need to navigate to the "Overwrite" mod (the always lowest priority 'mod' in your mod list). Right click it and select "Create mod", name the mod anything you want (e.g. FNIS Output) and click OK. This is the actual output of the generator, and you will need to make sure that both it and FNIS are activated in MO or nothing will work.

thankyou!!!!