Edit: Crap. I forgot to put in that I need help with this in the title. Well, hopefully if you clicked in on this, you assumed that I was looking for help, and not creating a guide. Sorry about that. Onto the thread though:

Hey all. I'm trying to add a different voice pack to a custom race (Kunoichi voice and Ningheim race) I've looked around for tutorials on how to do this, but all I can find are custom voiced followers, not races.

I have no real experience in the CS, other than just fiddling around. But here's what I've tried, and it didn't work. (I'm actually using TES5Edit if that matters. It seems more simple and to the point than the CS).

0. (Before CS editing): I put the voice files (i.e. voicepowers_shout-blahblah.fuz) in a folder of 'Sound->Voice->Skyrim.esm->NingheimVoice'

1. Created new ESP.

2. Created new "Voice Type"

3. Made the voice type's "Editor ID" the same as the folder it's in (NingheimVoice)

4. "Allow Default Dialogue" + "Female" have both been checked. (As I'm playing a fem char)

5. I went to Ningheim race's stuff and changed "VTCK - Voices" -> "Voice#1 (Female)" from FemaleEvenToned[VTYPxx-] to NingheimVoice [VTYPxx-] (xx- matches the ID from Voicetype.) Ditto for vampire race. (This was copied as override into the new plugin I've created btw. Again, using tes5edit. latest version)

6. Went to FormID List and made "NingheimVoice" with a FormID "LNAM" matching the ID of the voice type I've created.

The result: No custom voices are playing.

I assume it's because I didn't specify what audio files for it to grab (Like Sounds->etc->Ningheim Voice->Shout noise #1.fuz -as example). Though I'm not sure where to do that at.

Anyways, I'd apprecaite any tips on getting this to work.

Edited by TESgamerKyle

Cant say whether what you are doing will work doing in tesvedit as i use the CK. However it definitely wont work as it stands because you voice files need to be in a directory named after your esp. Ie sound/voice/yourmod.esp

Cant say whether what you are doing will work doing in tesvedit as i use the CK. However it definitely wont work as it stands because you voice files need to be in a directory named after your esp. Ie sound/voice/yourmod.esp

Ahh right. I completely forgot that. However, I did try what you said, so the new folder structure is:

Sound->Voice->Ningheim Voice.esp->Ningheim Voice-> (voice files here)

Whereas Ningeim Voice.esp is the name of the esp I've made now as well. (Rather, I just renamed it in Windows. Assuming that's fine to do.)

That didn't work for me either, unfortunately.

If you know a way to get this to work in the CK, I'll gladly switch over to that to get this all done. Either way, thanks for the help. Originally I left the folder as Skyrim.esm, like an idiot. (Normally the voice pack just replaces one of the vanilla voices, which I really don't want to happen.)

Either you can find the dialogue you want in the relevant dialogue quests, (eg DialogueGeneric or DialogueTrainers) copy the lines you want and set the condition in the dialogue to your new voicetype. Then in the edit response window save that line which will generate blank files with the right filename - then substitute your custom voice files (named correctly).

I did a tutorial for Trainers which you might find helpful as it shows you around the Dialogue system. It is not quite what you want but demonstrates the principle.

http://shumer-a-new-world.wikia.com/wiki/Voicing_Trainers

or you do your own dialogue quest with all the line for your voicetype.

Races don't really own a voice type. The race entries have parameters for individual characters, which hair styles they can use, how tall they are, default voice type, etc.. But all of the above is overwritten by values set in the individual actor entry. The answer to your question depends on what type of character you're trying to voice, which, after reading your post, I'm not really sure of.

If you're trying to change the player's voice, I've never personally used it but I'd recommend building off a mod like this one. If you're creating an npc, you can follow a "how to make a follower" guide, but instead of adding in the follower factions/scripts/etc., you can add in merchant stuff, or trainer stuff, or whatever you want. When I first started, I followed the Deck16 guide. It's for followers and I don't agree with all the information, but I still use that method of setting up voice files and it's worked well for me.