Why the stupid horse keep returning to the stables?

kurecore

I just have a horse ( without gender :( ) hes like for nothing,except the high climbing.

But my question is: Why the stupid animal keep walking back to the stables?Why he just don't stay where i leaved him? ( yes it's MY horse i normaly brought him :) )

Its not Rp much for me cauze i riding horse in real life and this is NOT how the horse acting :(

Aso why i can't fight from horse?Could be awesome riding near bandit and just cut his head of with my Daedrick big sword :) Also i hate still get down from the horse kill some enemies and then you have hunt the horse becauze he is leaving you and heading back to stables...bethesda realy f***ed up using horses in this game..so i just let him to fight and when he dies .. who carres i can run even faster then on horse.

Any advices how to make my horse keep waiting on the place i leaved him?

Well normaly a horse that you purchased legaly doesn't act like that . I mean if you steal a horse or simply hop on any stray horse that you find, he will always return to where you found him whenever you dismount him. But when you purchase a horse he will usualy stay in the area where you left him. And if you fast travel, he should spawn right next to you unless you fast travel to an area where horses are not allowed.

So i'm guessing you probably didn't buy the horse . And if you realy did purchase him from the stables then i don't know . But if you realy care about having a good horse, try getting Frost or Shadowmere . They are the two best horses in the game and they don't wander away everytime you dismount them.

about 200 years ago outside the imperial city... there was an orc running the stables... she had a good idea what horses were good for, if i remember correctly her stew was marvelous it even rivaled the gourmet's potage le magnific :P

EDIT, just got a mod idea to have an inventory on the horse so its acutally usefull cause.. yas i run faster then horses too and for longer durations

Edited by Qerewen

The only time I saw a horse doing that is when I stole it or when I rode it in a Stormcloak camp but it was not mine. It said ride horse not steal horse but I didn't buy it and every time I fast traveled it spawned next to me and then started going back to the camp lol. Eventually it pissed me off and I killed it! I now have shadowmere and she can't die. Even from dragons. She just takes every hit and she's still fine!

The only time I saw a horse doing that is when I stole it or when I rode it in a Stormcloak camp but it was not mine. It said ride horse not steal horse but I didn't buy it and every time I fast traveled it spawned next to me and then started going back to the camp lol. Eventually it pissed me off and I killed it! I now have shadowmere and she can't die. Even from dragons. She just takes every hit and she's still fine!

Shadowmere can die , trust me i killed him once because he annoyed me as hell for always attacking my ennemies and getting in my way. But it did take me an awefully high amount of time to take him down. He's just not a normal mortal horse. He has a very fast health regeneration which makes him nearly invincible but not entirely.