Creation Kit Help

KaptTorbjorn

I'm using the Jorvasskr loft (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=9386) as a home, but made some additional modifications to it, adding different miscellaneous items around to give it a more lived in feel. The problem is that any item I've placed in the cell is flagged as someone else's, so if I take it, I get a bounty and have the entire companions attack me. Rather immersion breaking, considering I'm the harbinger and all...

What do I need to change to fix this? Oh, and the loft itself isn't part of its own cell, its part of the main hall, just above it.

Edit: Crap, I meant to post this is the troubleshooting subforum.

Edited by KaptTorbjorn

• 1 year later...

Yeah you shouldn't have to go and flag every single object as yours if you mark the cell "player owned".. yet that doesn't do s#*!, all the stuff is still marked in red "Steal". The creation kit was made by people who want job security, so they made everything nonsensical. In other words, if common sense dictates you should do it this way, they re-engineer it so it works some f*#@ed up crazy stupid convoluted way. That way some loady cowboy no college pimple dick assmuncher can't compete for their job.

So here it is, making yourself "owner" of the cell, ie, right click cell > edit > NPC (drop down) and choose player does not make you the owner of everything in the cell.. GAY..

What you have to do is rightclick the cell > edit > Interior data tab (drop down). Here you will see "encounter zone". Well, this is what makes you owner of everything in the cell. You will need to make your own and mark "player" as owner of that in the creation kit.

Creation Kit object window > under "World Data" > Encounter Zone > right click make new one > edit > Ownership (dropdown browse to player. Hit ok. save. Any cell now associated to this, you will now own all objects inisde it. No stealing bullshit.

So phucking gay. Hope that helped someone. It was a b&@*$ for me to figure out because there is NOTHING, anywhere and google searches are getting suckier every day.

Edited by Hannibalektr

• 4 years later...

Thank you, this is an old thread so I'm assuming most people are working on the new Creation Kit for FO4, if your having issues hitting the "ok" when trying to change the owner faction in the interior tab you need to click on a different cell and then return. Then you will be able to 'apply' and use 'ok'.

Edited by RuvaaktheSlayer84