Item Scrapper Machine

sharayde

Hi guys. So, while building a Soylent green body processor, I realized that all the armor, guns, clothes etc were going to have to be dropped in the workshop since there's no machine for auto-scrapping them. Could we maybe get one added? Maybe make it an 8 power machine that scraps any clothing, armor, or other likewise item. I know, the scrap is only going to be steel and such, but it would really be nice. Maybe make it so if you have scrapper you get more resources from the process. Any ammo or such that goes in is passed through, and regular junk is also passed through, so the scrapper machine still has a use. That way, people can build a factory that can take in anything and spit out components, which then get sorted, and in the end can be made into a mass-production facility.

And no, I'm not doing this because Proctor Teagan said there are no more factories.....Cheers In advance!

I had a similar idea, alongside a settler autoequip bin, but never got anybody to actually make either. I wanted a bin you could drop equipment into, then it would scrap it for you and add it to the settlement total once you left the interface, which would be less tedious than having to go to the weapon and armor benches and scrap everything individually. Having it require power is a good idea.

I think everybody who uses the Auto-Scrappers agrees on that, but it seems that it is not possible.

That's what Kentington already said in his "sticky post" a year ago:

Since it's been frequently requested:

It is not currently possible to recycle weapons and armor through script commands - believe me, I've tried. The necessary functionality just isn't exposed to Papyrus. Should a future version of Fallout 4 Script Extender add the required functions, I will add this feature.

Ahh damn, really? I'll probably look into it a little bit to see whether thats true, and if its now no longer true or was simply incorrect I may try to make it myself, but hey, Kensington is probably right and theres no way to do it =/ Which is a shame since I'd love to have loads of conveyors networking around in a big buildings separating ALL the components and producing things. I could even make it so when an item is produced, it then uses a laser tripwire and diverts the components elsewhere for other construction projects....Man, I really hope I can make a scrapper....