Using both Frosty and Explorer Mod Managers

WynterSolstice

Thanks, that helps me so much just knowing that! Do you think when patch 1.08 drops it will make everything scrambled for mods or do Frosty Mods not get messed up by new patches?

Most Frosty mods should not get messed up because they change the values directly instead of using HEX-Editing, but mods that change some significant systems may break.

You can use Frosty Editor to convert a MEAExplorer mod into a Frosty mod. It is extremly easy (File->Import MEAMOD, followed by File->Export to Mod). Sadly it does not work with all mods (mainly ones that change textures).

I've never used an editor like this before, and I just want to import some MEAMODs to Frosty mods, but upon trying to export, it says that title, author and version are required in the export settings, so it can not export it. This may be a very stupid, easily solvable question, but how do I put in this information? There seems to be no way to do so.

Just put in any info u want, if u know who the original author was, just put their name in for author, give it a title, version stick 1.0 and leave the rest blank, its just so that it has some info to show in the mod manager

The problem is it won't let me put it in. Nothing happens if I click on it

• 6 months later...

I don't know if we can use them both at the same time. It's confusing to me. I've read that we're supposed to have a vanilla copy of the game when we install the mods into Frosty and then run the game using Frosty. If we don't run the game using Frosty then just the vanilla game will load. But, then can we install the mods that use Explorer after installing the Frosty ones? Does replacing the Ansel files mess anything up when we run the game in Frosty? So many questions. I feel kind of dumb. :psyduck:

Don't think you should be, feeling dumb I mean, it is all still really new and I think everyone (including myself) is still trying to figure things out :blush:

I say give it a little time and hopefully more info will surface :wink:

Neither Frosty editor nor Frosty mod manager offers Import meamod option. Any solutions? I need that double damage weapons to play higher difficulties.