How to do a cell reset, that really works

Hello,

long time ago i tried to find a way to do a cell reset. But everything i tried didn't work. No matter how i changed the gamesettings and sped up the timescale. It just didn't work.

BUT! I finally managed to find the solution and it works.

Changing iHoursToRespawncell & iHoursToRespawncellCleared to 1 and timescale to 999999, won't do the trick. The important thing that is missing is the cell buffer! YES!

So it make it work, you change iHoursToRespawncell & iHoursToRespawncellCleared to 1 and THEN you type pcb in the console to purge all cells from the buffer. If you now forward time / change the timescale to let one hour pass, all cells will reset!!! Very simple.

As i couldn't find any information and many people struggled to do a cell reset, i wanted to share this info.

How to do a cell reset guide:

Go to your Fallout 4 folder, where the exe is located and create two text files.
First file:

setRespawn.txt
Open it and paste:

setgs iHoursToRespawncell 1
setgs iHoursToRespawncellCleared 1
set timescale to 99999
pcb

Second file:
resetRespawn.txt
Open it and paste:

setgs iHoursToRespawncell 168
setgs iHoursToRespawncellCleared 480
set timescale to 20

Save and close.

-- Notice, this will drain your thirst, hunger and fatigue --

1. Go ingame, go to an interior of your choice and open the console.
2. Type: bat setRespawn
3. Close console and after 1 second reopen the console.
4. Type: bat resetRespawn
5. Close console, leave interior, BOOM everything is resetted.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I can definitely say cell respawning doesn't work properly with standard time passing. Some cells do, some of them don't, some of the do but wont clean up the previous things from the last "reset". Fallout 4 is bit of a technical mess(but Skyrim is much worse).

• 2 months later...

I have used this method THOUSANDS of times in testing, no problem.

Your cell may be trying to respawn a mod added object that has been removed from the game.

I have no errors when running the script according to the command line, but when I exit the interior and go and check where bodies were outside they are still there... I am running Sim S and Sim S Conqueror and my troubles with the clearing of cells and respawns started then. Have you ever heard of this issue before?