• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Zzyxzz

Zzyxzz

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,799 posts

Hello,

long time ago i tried to find a way to do a cell reset. But everything i tried didn't work. No matter how i changed the gamesettings and sped up the timescale. It just didn't work.

BUT! I finally managed to find the solution and it works.

Changing iHoursToRespawncell & iHoursToRespawncellCleared to 1 and timescale to 999999, won't do the trick. The important thing that is missing is the cell buffer! YES!

So it make it work, you change iHoursToRespawncell & iHoursToRespawncellCleared to 1 and THEN you type pcb in the console to purge all cells from the buffer. If you now forward time / change the timescale to let one hour pass, all cells will reset!!! Very simple.

As i couldn't find any information and many people struggled to do a cell reset, i wanted to share this info.

How to do a cell reset guide:

Go to your Fallout 4 folder, where the exe is located and create two text files.
First file:

setRespawn.txt
Open it and paste:

setgs iHoursToRespawncell 1
setgs iHoursToRespawncellCleared 1
set timescale to 99999
pcb

Second file:
resetRespawn.txt
Open it and paste:

setgs iHoursToRespawncell 168
setgs iHoursToRespawncellCleared 480
set timescale to 20

Save and close.

-- Notice, this will drain your thirst, hunger and fatigue --

1. Go ingame, go to an interior of your choice and open the console.
2. Type: bat setRespawn
3. Close console and after 1 second reopen the console.
4. Type: bat resetRespawn
5. Close console, leave interior, BOOM everything is resetted.

GTAFYFE

GTAFYFE

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Thank you very much!

this is very needed

I just have so many mods that needs cellreset to let the mod takes it effect and spawn on leveledlist.

Cynicous86

Cynicous86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

so why does this tell me that "the batch file could not be found/opened"

Rasikko

Rasikko

The Arbiter of Time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

I guess just waiting in an empty cell with nothing in it wasn't a good solution.

lamminrevityin

lamminrevityin

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

running the setRespawn causes my game to crash after a few seconds, making me unable to finish the cell reset. any idea why?

SKK50

SKK50

Institutum delenda est

• Premium Member
  • 4,318 posts

I have used this method THOUSANDS of times in testing, no problem.

Your cell may be trying to respawn a mod added object that has been removed from the game.

pra

pra

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 2,471 posts
​What about passtime 720? That was the other command I got recommended to force cells to reset. If it works, I'd prefer that one, since it's less convoluted. Does anyone know more?

SKK50

SKK50

Institutum delenda est

• Premium Member
  • 4,318 posts

Never tried that, but the magic is in the [ PurgeCellBuffers ] or [ PCB ]  command. Without that, nothing actually happens despite the passing of game time. 

Rasikko

Rasikko

The Arbiter of Time

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

I can definitely say cell respawning doesn't work properly with standard time passing. Some cells do, some of them don't, some of the do but wont clean up the previous things from the last "reset". Fallout 4 is bit of a technical mess(but Skyrim is much worse).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cell, reset, cell reset, fallout, timescale, pcb

Page loaded in: 1.063 seconds