How to do a cell reset, that really works

I have used this method THOUSANDS of times in testing, no problem.

Your cell may be trying to respawn a mod added object that has been removed from the game.

I have no errors when running the script according to the command line, but when I exit the interior and go and check where bodies were outside they are still there... I am running Sim S and Sim S Conqueror and my troubles with the clearing of cells and respawns started then. Have you ever heard of this issue before?

NukaGirl, PLEASE please tell me you fixed that, it is my problem exactly - installed conqueror, boom, cells don't respawn, or if they do, just containers and no mobs. Sometimes. Sometimes not. Dunno. Can't find anything about this specific problem by searching. Maaaaybe part of the reason that it's an old game, but hell I just revisited it. For 70 hours straight ^^

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I found this via google because I thought I needed a cell reset lol, digging this post back up from the past! Anyway, no one mentioned what a cell reset does exactly. Can someone explain why it would be needed and what exactly it does? Thanks :)

OH MY GOD THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR !!!

This method fixed the "FPS drop when looking at a certain location" bug I had !

To further elaborate, while I was playing, I went to an area and from my understanding a super mutant threw a grenade (molotov ?) and it glitched to some geometry (the object is like a rusted car chassis with a net over it) and it did the spinning bug where it spins really fast and spews out particles or whatever with lighting (kinda like this) and it also breaks the sound in a way I cannot describe.... anyway that happened and my game was fine as long as I did not look at it directly. Even from a long distance away if I looked at that place the game would drop to 0 FPS and stop responding forcing me to restart the game. I could even get literally next to it if it was behind the camer and be relatively fine (withsound still bugging out tho). I used tfc 1, SetGlobalTimeMultiplier 0.01 and even set the game to real time priority from task manager in order to see if I could click on the bugged object with the console open and disable it... but to no avail. It was THIS POST that fixed it !