Getting Textures to show in game from ba2 file

cocdieselkev

I am new to trying to build ba2 files. So what I am wanting to accomplish is packing all of my loose texture files from mods I download into ba2 files and then install them that way so my install is cleaner. I also read that ba2 files are read faster and load faster. I packed all of the loose textures from one texture mod I downloaded into a ba2 file via the CK and had a corresponding esp. I named it "mymod - Textures.ba2". When I install it via NMM and activate the esp the textures do not show in game. They will however show in the game if they are in the data folder as loose files. There are no meshes packed with them in a seperate ba2 just the textures - ba2 file. I'm sorry if I am confusing I am just trying to learn how to do this so I can eventually create my own mods. Any help or direction to another post explaining this will be appreciated.

Thanks

What's the name of corresponding ESP? It must be "mymod.esp".

You can also append it to sResourceIndexFileList in Fallout4.ini to check if BA2 is not loaded due to plugin or the issue is with BA2 itself.

Names of plugin and archives must not match, your plugin should be named simply "mymod.esp" because the game adds " - main", " - textures", etc. siffixes itself when searching for archives. Just check the names of DLC plugins and archives as an example.

Edited by zilav

Names of plugin and archives must not match, your plugin should be named simply "mymod.esp" because the game adds " - main", " - textures", etc. siffixes itself when searching for archives. Just check the names of DLC plugins and archives as an example.

I would imagine that may be my problem then.