Unable to run game with Frosty...

DeltaType90

Am I the only one not able to run the game with the Frosty Mod Manager? :huh:

I have completely reset my game to default and I still can't launch the game, all it does is load the initial game window with a black background and then it just freezes :confused:

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/e085/7z029z82ct5bwek4g.jpg

Edited by DeltaType90

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was it? (Just in case anyone else runs into the same trouble)

Well basically it was two things I did at the same time so I'm not sure if they were both relevant :happy:

What I did was run the repair twice and then I also noticed that the file called "bcrypt.dll" in the Mass Effect Andromeda directory was blocked for some reason, so I also unblocked that and after doing all of this my game was running as it should :)

Others having problems have reported that also double checking the file by the same name located in "Frosty Tool Suite \ Frosty Mod Manager \ ThirdParty" (path might differ) and making sure that this one is also not blocked has solved it as well ;)

Ah ha! Thank you for that!

I'm bookmarking this just in case I run into any problems. I'm about to mess around with the tools to get to know them and this will definitely help with troubleshooting. :-)

Should you run into trouble I can also highly recommend checking out Discord: https://discordapp.com/channels/296276604211167232/320904891511996416

A lot of really helpful hands there :)

Ok, first time here.

Not able to use frosty mod manager.

I instaled the program and added the mod like the tutorial but when I try to lauch the MEA through frosty, I get the message:" the mod data path does not exist. Creating this path requires admin access (to create links between original and modified data). You will only be prompted to do this the first time." Then, it closes the program.

Maybe this is easy to solve, but I was inable to find the answer.

Someone can help me?

Well, when I click lauch the program opens a window with the message that I quote before, then closes.

" the mod data path does not exist. Creating this path requires admin access (to create links between original and modified data). You will only be prompted to do this the first time."

It happens even if I open the program as admin.

Thanks, anyway.

The above is not an error message, that is a standard prompt that says ur going to be asked for admin rights to perform a certain task, after which is where it appears to be failing for u, which is where an error prompt would normally appear. Check your event log, it might have been swallowed by the system