Unable to run game with Frosty...

DeltaType90

My problem is about Mirror's Edge: Catalyst, but I couldn't find an active forum for that and since modding works the same way as ME:A, I figured I'd post here.

When I click launch on FMM, it minimizes the window and doesn't do anything more. I tried running the repair and checking the bcrypt.dll files, but they weren't blocked. Any suggestions?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was it? (Just in case anyone else runs into the same trouble)

Well basically it was two things I did at the same time so I'm not sure if they were both relevant :happy:

What I did was run the repair twice and then I also noticed that the file called "bcrypt.dll" in the Mass Effect Andromeda directory was blocked for some reason, so I also unblocked that and after doing all of this my game was running as it should :smile:

Others having problems have reported that also double checking the file by the same name located in "Frosty Tool Suite \ Frosty Mod Manager \ ThirdParty" (path might differ) and making sure that this one is also not blocked has solved it as well :wink:

Hoping to get a bit more insight. I was using MEAExplorer, but since most mods are Frosty now, I repaired my game and decided to use Frosty. It logs me into origin fine, but then nothing. Doesn't attempt to launch game at all. Task manager shows no changed processes after origin launching. I added frosty to the firewall exceptions. Tried running Frosty with no mods, still wouldn't launch game but repaired game launches fine w/o Frosty. You said your file was blocked. What was blocking it? Where did you go to unblock it? It doesn't "appear" my windows defender is blocking it, as it shows nothing at all in quarantine or otherwise. Using 4.7 .net framework. Windows 10. Frosty MM 1.0.2a. Thank you for any pearls of wisdom you can toss in my lap.

My problem is about Mirror's Edge: Catalyst, but I couldn't find an active forum for that and since modding works the same way as ME:A, I figured I'd post here.

When I click launch on FMM, it minimizes the window and doesn't do anything more. I tried running the repair and checking the bcrypt.dll files, but they weren't blocked. Any suggestions?

I have a problem with ME: Catalyst too. When I want to launch the game through Frosty Mod Manager, it says:

"Mod data path does not exist. Creating this path requires admin access (To create links between original and modified data). You will only be prompted to do this the first time."

And when I press OK, it says:

Method not found: !!0[] System.Array.Empty().

at Frosty.ModSupport.FrostyModExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass17_0.<Run>b__0()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Frosty.ModSupport.FrostyModExecutor.<Run>d__17.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()
at FrostyModManager.MainWindow.<launchButton_Click>d__13.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__0(Object state)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)