Unable to run game with Frosty...

DeltaType90

My problem is about Mirror's Edge: Catalyst, but I couldn't find an active forum for that and since modding works the same way as ME:A, I figured I'd post here.

When I click launch on FMM, it minimizes the window and doesn't do anything more. I tried running the repair and checking the bcrypt.dll files, but they weren't blocked. Any suggestions?

I have a problem with ME: Catalyst too. When I want to launch the game through Frosty Mod Manager, it says:

"Mod data path does not exist. Creating this path requires admin access (To create links between original and modified data). You will only be prompted to do this the first time."

And when I press OK, it says:

Method not found: !!0[] System.Array.Empty().

at Frosty.ModSupport.FrostyModExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass17_0.<Run>b__0()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Frosty.ModSupport.FrostyModExecutor.<Run>d__17.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()
at FrostyModManager.MainWindow.<launchButton_Click>d__13.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__0(Object state)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Install .NET Framework 4.6.1 or above

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all,

I am trying to run MEA with mods through Frosty and it is launching the game as a background process. I have tried the following:

-Update .net framework to 4.7

-Removing the MODDATA folder

-Repairing the game files

-Deleting bcrypt.dll so that it will write a new file

-making sure that FMM is targeting the MEA main .exe

-launching the game w/o mods loaded from FMM

Does anyone have any suggestions why it is launching into the background? I can launch through Origin without issue. It seems like FMM is launching the game as a subordinate background process only.

Any suggestions or solutions would be appreciated.

What do u mean by launching in the background? is it launching or not?

I think I have the same issue. It shows up in the Task Manager, but there is no icon in the task bar, nor can I see anything onscreen.

I've tried deleting ModData as well, .NET was already at 4.7, tried to not activate any mods. Always the same result.

I couldn't find anything new from the most recent attempt to launch in Event Viewer either.

What do u mean by launching in the background? is it launching or not?

It launches, has a process ID, but windows is treating it like a background process. There is a thread that the system recognizes since Origin see the game as running, but you cannot ALT+TAB to go to the game. Here is a snip of task manager showing MEA with other background processes.

How long have u left it? Coz sometimes my game does that (even unmodded) for a good 5 - 7 minutes, and then it just boots itself up, usually I will see the memory increase from ~50mb to ~80mb after that point and I know its going to boot then.

Its going on 24 hours now. My system will load MEA from Origin in 1-2 minutes, less if recently restarted.

have u tried launching thru the mod manager with zero mods applied? maybe theres a bad mod causing the hangI

I have. Any launch attempted through FMM launches as BGP (back ground process), including vanilla (no mods applied)

Its just hanging on load, not necessarily actually loading as a background process, thats how all processes start, and then when they boot they move to active, in this case it hangs. Unfortunately the cause of this is unknown, i suspect its an incompatibility with the bcrypt.dll that mod manager places in the directory, and there is currently no known method to fix.