Zorlon - Levdia

Malchik

Lisette plays with a small ball of fire between her hands, trying to think of the ways Siffli could use telekiness on it, perhaps throwing fireballs at a flying Siffli who could then redirect to where needed. *...would make it easier than trying to imitate the boy in green in his tree act...*

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OOC> Panic not Malchik, I do exist, whether or not I have a mind capable of a half-intelligent reply is another question...:X

Midge comes up with one final solution in refernce to the amount of guards present.

"If we only have skilled bowmen, perhaps one of us could run into the clearing, run back and pull them into an ambush of arrows from either side in the treetops. Hopefully it will scatter their numbers, although maybe we should do it after we have the hostages to avoid any panicky or rash decisions made by the mercenaries. Or perhaps as the major distraction as tunnel clearing would no doubt be rather loud and I do not believe that we want them to find Siffli and I first."

"I don't want you to take foolish risks," Lurel replies. "We all need to get out alive again, with the hostages. But you have a point about them using magic. I could perhaps try to keep you invisible - maybe. I'm not sure I could do it. But perhaps Philemon would lend Siffli one of the Slayer cloaks?"

He looks up to the Held member. "How long would it take you to ask the Slayers for one of their cloaks?"

The Held member points "a matter of seconds, hold on!"

The member of the Held disappears and before you can say knife is back with the cloak.

"You need to be quick with it but they are happy for you to release any hostages before they go in."

OOC>

Is this the plan? 1. Siffli and Midge will identify the hut with the hostages by flying over the clearing using the cloak of concealment. 2. Lurel, Midge and ??? will then tunnel to the hut to release the hostages while ??? create a diversion to cover any noise. 3. When and if the hostages are freed ????

Because 2 may trigger a magical assault against the refuge it is important that you have a plan for 3 before starting 2. I would need to know who else will go with Lurel to rescue the hostages and precisely what the diversion will be. What it is will depend on who is available to do it.

The plan so far cannot succeed without specific skills of Siffli, Midge and Lurel and almost certainly Lisette. Ford's special quality is that no one can lie to him. You should make use of this before starting 2.

Siffli and Midge can do their initial survey while the rest do something else if you wish. Lurel should give the word when to start.

"Okay okay... let's get this straight..." Ford clears his throat.

"Firstly, Midge and Siffli fly over where the hostages are, and Midge memorises the layout of the area, all the while using the concealment cloak as cover. Secondly, Lisette creates a distraction, perhaps with fire with the help of the Held, that will draw the elites out of the camp, and thus allow Lurel, Midge, and perhaps me, to either tunnel in or teleport in and get the hostages out. And then, once the hostages are free...?"

He scratches his head. "Am I right so far?"

"Ford," Lurel addresses his friend, "I think it would be a good idea if you could speak to the Held's prisoners and infd out as much as you can about their plans, the expected new arrival, and whatever else might help us. They can't lie to you, after all."

He turns to Midge and Siffli. "The cloak should offer you enough concealment, I hope. If you are quick, then perhaps they will not even have time to use magic against you. Good luck!

Looking at Lisette and the Held member, he grimaces. "That leaves us with the task of deciding on a suitable diversion. Lisette can use fire, the Held can use their arrows, and I - I could try using my earth magic against the second group of mercenaries. If I drop them into a deep enough hole, it would take them out of the equation for at least a short while. It would be an idea to warn the members of the Held around the area though... hopefully I'll manage without damaging the trees, but they might still shake a bit."

He looks around, trying to gauge the others' reactions.

Ford nods. "Right..." He turns to the Held boy. "Could you tell the others that I'm coming? And where are the prisoners being kept?" He turns back to Lurel. "But... how will I get to them without being seen by the Lindan Yar?"

He ponders on Lurel's idea. "Well, I'm not sure really - all the diversions have their merit. So maybe just do all at once to be safe?" He grins.

Lisette smiles more warmly at Ford, "Follow the Held in the trees to they're hostages" she turns to the young boy in green for confirmation.

" Its true that a magical attack will attract a magical response, but if I can do it in such a way to disperse the mercenaries you all have a chance, wich is all I can promise.

The Held in the trees should be able to keep any surrounding the children in the shelter pinned down untill we can get them out too.

Dropping them in a hole is not a bad plan Lurel, only after you have the hostages,... I'll use that as the signal to start distracting so you can get out, if you can manage that from the tunnel or the hostage tent"

Looking at Midge suddenly, having almost forgoten his presence she asks " It'll be fun being a flying invisible spy, are you alright with heights?"

The Held member whisks Ford through the forest to an area of their village in which a fighter - not a mercenary to judge from his clothes and so presumably a member of the Lindan Yar - is lying propped up against the side of a house.

"He knows he is dying but will tell us nothing. Perhaps he knows nothing? What do you think he can help you with?"

Siffli now has the cloak of concealment. Midge is ready, waiting for her to be off.

The others wait impatiently for the information Midge and Ford can glean.

Archived