Jump to content

Photo

Zorlon - Levdia


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1716 replies to this topic

#1691
Stampede

Stampede

    Hunting trolls since '03

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,140 posts
OOC: Sorry for the neglect, I am an incredibly busy man. I will do my best to keep closer tabs on the game though.

Sifflie swallows hard, takes on her most determinded expression and lifts off. She glides above the hut to see what she can.

Edited by Stampede, 29 November 2005 - 01:27 PM.


#1692
Switch

Switch

    That thing on the wall

  • Premium Member
  • 7,380 posts
Ford looks at the man. "Hmm... I have a few ideas. Wait here."

He heads over to the man and kneels down in front of him. "Hey there. Listen, I need some information. I know you're not keen on talking, but it could save a lot of people from dying, including your own people. Can you tell me what you're doing here? And why take those two particular people as hostages?" He stares him in the eyes, waiting for a response. 'I hope this works...'

#1693
Malchik

Malchik

    The Wordsmith

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts
With Siffli floating Midge, both within the voluminous cloak of concealment they are able to reconnoitre. Although the tents all look alike they are arranged in two rows facing each other with two slightly larger tents in the middle. The two larger tents both have guards outside them. Presumably one contains the leaders and the other the hostages. It is not possible to tell which is which from the air. Midge notes the position in resoect of where Lurel is waiting. They return to Lurel and pass on what they saw. But how will he know which tent to enter is there someone there who might know?

The man tries not to respond to Ford but he is unable to stop himself.

It is not easy to follow his rambling mumbled answers but you learn that the Lindan Yar are aware of the stocks of the drug that keep the sick children alive. They have no concern that without it the children will die in agony. But if they attacked the refuge they believe Varna would destroy the stock herself rather than let them get hold of it. The girl was needed for another reason. The leader of the Held has been taken to stop them doing the same thing. The reason they have not yet attacked is not because their awaited arrival can destroy the Held's weapons but because they do not know where the drug is hidden. This man will be able to 'persuade' Varna to tell them. They will do so not by using magic but by dismembering the child in front of her. Not even the Lindan Yar leaders have quite the stomach for it but apparently their expected visitor has.

"And he will teleport in. He has magic. He may be here already."

The man lapses into a coma.

The member of the Held whisks Ford back to the others.

#1694
Switch

Switch

    That thing on the wall

  • Premium Member
  • 7,380 posts
Ford turns distinctly white at the prospect of what the man is saying. Once the man is unconscious, he hurries back to the others with the Held, panting as he arrives.

"Lurel! I found out a few things... we need to act quickly. Very quickly." He informs Lurel about everything he's learnt, especially the fact that their visitor has the ability to teleport. "I don't know who that man is but from the sounds of him we'll need to get the hostages out before he arrives."

#1695
ThetaOrionis01

ThetaOrionis01

    Remembering what once was...

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,109 posts
Lurel, too, blanches as he hears Ford's news.

"There's no time to lose," he states the obvious, while his mind is racing to work out the best plan from the options they have. "Midge, can you guide me underground, towards those tents? Siffli - can you communicate with birds? Perhaps one of them might have seen which tent the hostages were taken into. If we knew that before we set out, it would improve our chances of success."

He looks at Ford. "Do you still have that piece of straw? It might come in handy to disrupt their orders and train of thoughts when we suddenly appear in their midst! That is... " - he pauses briefly - " if you'd be willing to come with me and Midge?"

He looks up at the Held member. "Could you get a message to Philemon, and tell him that we're about to tunnel into the centre of their camp? Perhaps it would be a quicker way for the Slayers to take, too? And - in case things go horribly wrong - can Philemon teleport those who need it to safety?"

Then his gaze turns towards Lisette, Ari and Siffli, and strays up into the trees to see if other Held members are listening.

"I'm not sure how long it is going to take me to tunnel there. If the earth elementals have no objection, it should not take long. You will have to guess when we reach the perimeter of their camp. That's when we will need the diversion, I think. Try to draw them from the centre into defending the perimeter of their camp. Use fire against them, drop boulders on to them, shower them with arrows. We must make them believe that they are under attack."

He takes a deep breath. "Once we have the hostages, it may well trigger a full-scale assault upon the refuge. With the potions, I can perhaps help defend it. So it might be best if we teleport from the hostages' tent to the refuge - provided the refuge can be given a warning that we might suddenly appear."

Suddenly he looks grim. "I am so very tempted to let the ground swallow up the entire Lindan Yar once the hostages are safe."

He takes a deep breath, makes sure Anima's potions are where he can easily and quickly reach them, and begins to let his awareness sink into the ground to get a feel for the terrain he will be dealing with.

'We really should have a fighter with us when we enter the enemy camp, but Lisette's magic is needed for the diversion... I hope I've made the right decisions... I wonder who their expected 'visitor' is... Anromainyus? A corrupted master wizard? That Lindan Yar leader we dealt with previously - he was able to teleport...'

#1696
Switch

Switch

    That thing on the wall

  • Premium Member
  • 7,380 posts
Ford nods. "Yeah... I'll come." He reaches into his backpack and pulls out the straw, smiling slightly. "At least if that freak wizard shows up I might be able to disrupt his spellcasting long enough for us to get away."

He observes the rest of the plan unfolding and waits to set off.

#1697
Malchik

Malchik

    The Wordsmith

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts
(OOC> Mercbird has asked me to post for Lisette this week as she is away)

The Held member says, "I do not know where Philemon may be. But in one moment I will tell the slayer assassins, they will need their cloak back." In a matter of seconds he returns.

"They say they prefer to do things their own way but they will be in the more southerly of the two central huts, where the leaders are and don't want you getting in the way. Is that where you are going?"

Midge and Ford are to follow Lurel as soon as he gives the word.

Lisette, readying her magic will follow the member of the Held to the clearing. She says: "Perhaps, Lurel, if you free Varna, you can magic away whatever it is they are after. If it is no longer in the refuge, would they bother to attack? But I am not sure how you will be able to convince them you have it, or what they would do to us if they believed you."

#1698
ThetaOrionis01

ThetaOrionis01

    Remembering what once was...

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,109 posts
"Then the more northerly of the two central tents is the one we're aiming for. Can you get us there, Midge?"

He thinks for a moment. "Guide us right underneath the hut, if you can. Before we break through the floor I'll try to... erm... sense, I suppose... if there is anyone just above us. If we are very very lucky there will be no guards inside the tent, just outside. If not..." Lurel grimaces, "I suppose we'll have to fight, and to make sure they can't get to the hostages in the confusion. We must be quiet, especially once we are under their camp."

He nods to Lisette, Siffli, Ari and the Held member. "I'll leave the diversion to you. I had thought about using the cheweed supply as a lever against the Lindan Yar... but they would most likely destroy what they can and kill who they can to put pressure on us. If only we could get rid of it without harming those poor kids..."

He sighs, nods to Midge and Ford. "Ready? Let's go."


With that, he uses his earth magic in an attempt to create a tunnel that will lead them - he hopes - to the hostages.

Edited by Theta Orionis, 30 November 2005 - 04:07 PM.


#1699
Malchik

Malchik

    The Wordsmith

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts
OOC> Sorry busy on Iredior interiors.

Lurel successfully tunnels to where Midge tells him the hut must be. Before bursting in he needs to know the diversion is working.

Meanwhile Ari has gone into the trees with a few members of the held waiting for Lisette and Siffli to get into place and to receive a signal from Lurel that they should create a diversion. Siffli is floating close to the clearing just out of sight and Lisette in the trees below. At this point each shoud have a precise plan.

Edited by Malchik, 07 December 2005 - 05:25 PM.


#1700
ThetaOrionis01

ThetaOrionis01

    Remembering what once was...

  • Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,109 posts
Lurel takes a deep breath.
'So far, so good.'

He attempts to contact Thail. 'Could you please get a message to Lisette that I need that diversion now? We're under the hut with the hostages.'

While waiting for a reply, he tries to let his senses sink into the earth between his party, and the floor of the hut above. Perhaps there is something he can perceive...

He reaches for the bottles containing Anima's potion, as much to reassure himself as to ensure that they are within easy reach.

Edited by Theta Orionis, 07 December 2005 - 08:14 PM.





IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.024 seconds