Experiencing Contsant CTD

four2nothin

And now, suddenly it won't even open. As soon as I go to open it it says "Fallout 4 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Btw, running on windows 10

I've reinstalled the game and started new but it is still happening. I'm looking at logs and i don't quite understand it but I think it has something to do with the main quest. one part of the log says

error: MQ102 (0001CC2A): unknown quest objective 50.
stack:
[MQ102 (0001CC2A)].Fragments:Quests:QF_MQ102_0001CC2A.SetObjectiveCompleted()

and goes on. I know MQ stands for main quest. I've never had this issue before. I've never messed with anything in the creation kit that I shouldn't and i thought uninstalling and re installing the game would fix it but it hasn't. any ideas?

in your other thread you said that you had mods installed when you started getting the problems but you never said which mods.

then you deactivate all mods and still have problems.

the thing is some mods mess up even more when deactivated or removed outside the game without turning them off in the game.

without knowing which mods were present when the problem occurred, no-one can really help you.

it would probably be quicker to uninstall FO4, delete the FO4 folders (one in Steam and one in Documents) to get rid of everything and then reinstall completely fresh and don't try to reload an old save as that will probably still contain the broken script.

in your other thread you said that you had mods installed when you started getting the problems but you never said which mods.

then you deactivate all mods and still have problems.

the thing is some mods mess up even more when deactivated or removed outside the game without turning them off in the game.

without knowing which mods were present when the problem occurred, no-one can really help you.

it would probably be quicker to uninstall FO4, delete the FO4 folders (one in Steam and one in Documents) to get rid of everything and then reinstall completely fresh and don't try to reload an old save as that will probably still contain the broken script.

alright I will list all of my mods that are enabled but there are a ton. However, When i lower the video settings, it will run longer but still crash at some point. If I try to run on ULTRA, it crashes immediately. I have a gtx 1060 and have never had a problem before. I've rolled back to an older driver, still crashes.

If I uninstall fallout 4... again... which folders should I delete to do a completely new install?

However, When i lower the video settings, it will run longer but still crash at some point. If I try to run on ULTRA, it crashes immediately. I have a gtx 1060 and have never had a problem before. I've rolled back to an older driver, still crashes.

you have clearly identified the cause

and a probable solution

why have you not pursued this

However, When i lower the video settings, it will run longer but still crash at some point. If I try to run on ULTRA, it crashes immediately. I have a gtx 1060 and have never had a problem before. I've rolled back to an older driver, still crashes.

you have clearly identified the cause

and a probable solution

why have you not pursued this

What are you talking about? I've not identified the cause?

reread the post very slowly

are you saying to lower the video quality? I have. I can play for 5 mins longer that way but it still crashes. The thing is though, I've been play on Ultra settings for 5-6 months now with no issue. Why the sudden problem? Bad GPU? I've gotten no other signs of a failing GPU and the device manager indicates that it's ok.

Also, if you can't tell I'm new to the PC community (5-6 months) so it would help if you could just point out what you're talking about. Please..