How many plugins can Oblivion engine handle?

zelazko

255 combined esp and esm files.

It doesn't include merged plugins with plus [+] sign into wrye bash patch right?

Probably something like that. I am sure that by the time you hit 200 you game will be pretty sluggish though :laugh: .

The rule of the thumb is that I shouldn't exceed more than 200 plugins?

If I lower my number of plugins will I boost the FPS?

Currently I am running 233 plugins - 44 merged plugins = 189 total plugins.

I tried to use TES4 Gecko, but I only screwed up my game, and I don't wanna do it again.

Edited by zelazko

It doesn't include merged plugins with plus [+] sign into wrye bash patch right?

Correct, merged plugins do not count towards the limit.

The rule of the thumb is that I shouldn't exceed more than 200 plugins?

The Rule of Thumb is that you should use however many plugins you can use, and if you find exceeding a certain amount affects performance, don't exceed that amount. There is no set number, because everyone's system and mod set is different. If you are currently fine, then great, don't worry about it.

The Rule of Thumb is that you should use however many plugins you can use, and if you find exceeding a certain amount affects performance, don't exceed that amount. There is no set number, because everyone's system and mod set is different. If you are currently fine, then great, don't worry about it.

In crowded areas like cities I get like 18-25 FPS, but in open area in wildness I get 30-40 FPS and during the fight there my FPS hardly fall down below 27 even when I face 5 or more enemies so I am one happy bunny. ^^

I was just joking around about slowing down at 200 (seeing as any amount over 100 is a bit crazy), but depending on what sort of mods you use you will notice a large fps hit or no difference at all. If you get graphical enhancers and new worlds mods than it will affect your frame rate significantly but weapons and armor will not do much (if anything).

• 3 months later...