Paid Mods return at E3 2017

deadblood01

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think this means the end of Nexus or that the current mods are being removed. It seems Bethesda themselves want to be paid to add features to the game, and just using the whole "and other outside developers/community modders" as a cover up. They see the potential profit that modding can generate and want to cash in on it.

And I'm thinking this is WAAAAAAAY too much Skyrim milking.

now we wont see interesting mods at all on nexus they will all be at creation club behind paywall. who will release new interesting mods for free right ?? this is what im afraid of.

Any pre-existed mods will not be entering creation club, but still just as deadblood01 said, we will lose all those real interesting "free" mods as most of them will go to creation club because they will pay the modders. The end of "free" mods in nexus is quite near (obviously for interesting mods like custom scripted NPC or whole new item.) unless players went rage and went bethesda to shut creation club down.

Yah these were some of my first thoughts as well, but if Dark0ne and other more experienced people aren't too worried about this then personally I'm going to take the wait see approach. This could blow up in Bethesda's face too who knows. I know my mods will never be big enough to paid be for them, but I can't say that if I were offered money for them I'd turn it down either. So if some of the more experienced modders take them up the offer you can't blame them, you spend a lot of time and energy to work on a project all in the hopes that someone might say "Thank You" all the while knowing you're just as likely to have a page full of people condemning your work. So getting paid doesn't sound horrible to me from that side of the coin.

At the same time I don't necessarily agree with Bethesda either, I guess it would be different if this was in place when they launched the game, or even if the information they'd given us when the announcement was made was more detailed. There's just too many unanswered questions right now.

Edited by Glass1411

I have a few doubt in their CC. Of course it just announced and I can't comment many more but here are just my few list of question.

1) From what they say they will co-operate with modder so that their mods will not crash the game. But how can you actually confirm that? Let say you had created a mod that work well in your PC of course and they give you reason that the mods still not perfect enough and we will try to fix it and for that we will take away some from your money per download. Well they could probably give reason to modder said that their developers work your mods but in fact your mods work just fine.

2.) If there are errors and mostly because of mods clash due to same use of file, we fix mostly by uninstall it but how will they fix? Provide another new file but give the same function? Like already installed a texture for a sword and then another texture file for the same sword? I know this question is just probably non-sense but i felt i need to let my doubt and little anger out.

3) Who to judge what mods is good or bad? The dev or the community? In my opinion, they will probably just accept all mods suggestion, it's a good way to milk money from this CC. They don't just go review each of the mods proposal if they receive like 1000 proposal per day, they would probably just allow all mods regardless it is bad or good because in the end there will always be a user who will pay for mods based on his preference.

4) Might be a dilemma for those modders who vow free for all in nexus mods now see that they have the chance to make money for their next new mods in this CC. I wonder how will the modders here who said free for all have the thoughts of actually going to CC to make money.

No offense to anyone. Well, if my question do offense to some of you, I am truly sorry. But somehow this CC is really bring a bad part to the modding community (in my opinion and for now) and there will be mods pirate if CC launch. And most important, the price. The image show it still use the currency that developed by bethesda, well you can top up through steam or any online game transaction, but the currency, how much money equal how much in game money? I just hope not the 500 in game currency (the one i found in forbes about the custom made texture power armor) is real life $5.99, if that so then its ridiculous, I can purchase a new full indie game with that price while CC just offer a mere retexture. If 500 is just a retexture, imagine how expensive if the mods is custom map with quest and story or custom NPC or follower with own script and voice acting. Sigh, just try to let out a little anger from me. Sorry.

Edited by xpardareon

Good news for modders, IMO, who have been creating free mods for yrs, providing free support, and yet are lucky if they even get a 10% endorsement ratio for all the downloads of their mods.

This formula provides a level of professionalism to creations that qualify for CC and finally gives mod authors an avenue to get some compensation and reward for the months, and even yrs., that they put into a project. The consumer is protected by the QA that Bethesda is offering. This formula is not much different then what is happening with other games that have established a partnership between mod authors-developer-end users to produce professional quality mods.

Yeah, end-users may not get all of the best of the best for free, but there will be plenty of mods that don't go to CC and many will also be high quality and free.