Niftool plugin installation help

Fixadent

Bro sry but there is not an available version of the nif plugin for blender 2.78, use blender 2.49b insted for importing/exporting, follow the installation instructions on the nexus wiki article "Blender Installation"

Bro sry but there is not an available version of the nif plugin for blender 2.78, use blender 2.49b insted for importing/exporting, follow the installation instructions on the nexus wiki article "Blender Installation"

There is another way of doing this that I learned from someone over at LL.

Export the blender mesh as an obj. file, open outfit studio, drag the obj. file over to the outfit studio screen, then you can export it as a nif.

Can you import using outfit studio as well?

Edited by nexusguy

I took a look at Blender 2.78c yesterday and it did import skyrim nifs (no nifskope workaround required) without any problem. I tested the import with static architectural nifs and some vanilla armor nifs, didn't have time to test exporting or see if it can handle collision. It does look really good and I can't wait to dig into it more, and if there are no problems with exporting then there would be no reason to stay with 2.49b.

The key to installing nif scripts is don't unzip it. Select the zip from within Blender 2.78c

File Menu - User Preferences or CTRL-Alt -U

Go to Add-ons and select Install from File

Navigate to your Nif Scripts zip (in my case it was blender_nif_plugin-2.6.0a0.dev4-20-jun-16.zip

Select it and install from file

Save user preferences

I think it worked without a restart but I can't remember.

• 3 months later...

I took a look at Blender 2.78c yesterday and it did import skyrim nifs ... without any problem. I tested the import with static architectural nifs and some vanilla armor nifs, didn't have time to test exporting or see if it can handle collision. It does look really good and I can't wait to dig into it more, and if there are no problems with exporting then there would be no reason to stay with 2.49b.

Have you tried this with FO4 nifs? I can get the dev version of the plugin running in the latest blender version with no issue, but other users are reporting a python error which I replicate as well. It's worth noting that I tried this in a mobile blender 2.49 off of the nexus and I got the same error despite that particular package being constructed according to the instructions others use successfully.

Anybody know where I can access a windows installer for Nifskope 1.0.9? I've been picking up Blender lately and apparently the export/import of meshes for Morrowind requires the older version of Nifskope- I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

Anybody know where I can access a windows installer for Nifskope 1.0.9? I've been picking up Blender lately and apparently the export/import of meshes for Morrowind requires the older version of Nifskope- I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

Have you tried here?

Thanks! Unfortunately, I'm now at a loss as to how I actually install/use this...