[LE] Removing crime faction from guards does not prevent them from reporting crimes

Basically I'm making a mod and I'm trying to make guards and npcs in an area not report crimes. To clarify, this isn't a custom area where I can just not make a crime system. I'm trying to do this in Morthal. I've successfully managed to remove CrimeFactionHjaalmarch from the guards and npcs in Morthal. Checked it in game and they are not in the faction. However, assaulting a guard still results in a bounty. Assaulting an NPC on the other hand does not result in a bounty. Is there some other mechanic here that makes guards still report crime even though I have removed their crime faction? How do I go about removing this?

Thank you.

If I got it right, you are making your own guards and don't use the existing guard npcs in Morthal? Try to make your own faction with the settings you need and don't attach them to the existing guard factions.

Edit: Sorry, I'm not native english speaker, after reading it again I believe you want to use existing guards. I think you have to remove them from the guards faction, if they should not report crime. You could do this temporarily with a script and after that add them back to the guard faction. I don't know how this could be done, because guards are not unique npcs and spawn, so I don't know how to adress them in a script.

Edited by Tasheni

thirteenisnotunlucky wrote:
"Is there some other mechanic here that makes guards still report crime even though I have removed their crime faction?"

use TES5Edit:
1. open this program
2. untick all mods on splash screen
3. mark only Skyrim.esm, Update.esm, yourmod.esp
4. wait a bit while loading data
5. go to [00] Skyrim.esm \ Non-Player Character (Actor)
6. click on EditorId to sort by name
7. scroll down until you'll find:
00109AAC GuardMorthalImperialJailDay Morthal Guard

8. now you can see 5 imperial guards + 5 sons guards which are used in vanilla game
the hexnumber infront is the baseObject for each kind of guard

9. select a morthal guard you like, to get more infos in right window
10. As you can see some guards are in more than one faction, which you have removed "CrimeFactionHjaalmarch".

Question: How to avoid crime report, if player is attacking that guard?
a) remove the guard from all these crimefactions
b) or add player to all crimefactions during the fight, maybe it works?

Edited by ReDragon2013