[LE] Removing object entries with forms dialogue

Okay, so I'm a bit of a noob with the creation kit, but I have been getting better. Well today I decided I would try to remove all bloody bones and bodies on spikes. It all goes well until I go to delete bonebloodyhumanleg and bonebloodyhumanskull. Attempting to delete either two results in an intimidating forms window to pop up. The one with the leg bone mentions Hjerim (I never go there) but the bloody skull entry triggers a lot more warning about forms. When I first tested this, I was at Falkreath Watchtower, and despite a form entry for that location when I removed it, everything went fine.

I only ran into trouble when I attempted deleting blood puddles from the database. Then my game crashed as soon as I swung my axe at a bandit. Reloaded, successfully killed 4 bandits, then it crashed upon attacking a 5th. Okay so I shouldn't have removed the blood puddles :P

So I removed my plugin and figured I should post here and ask what should I do when faced with the form warnings. With anything really :D

Without knowing the exact messages, I would *guess* that the errors coming up are about other Forms being Linked to them, or using them in some way. Basically, that something else references them.

Instead of deleting things, I would recommend finding the Base Form of the object (double-click one in the Render window, and click 'Edit Base' should take you to the base object). From there, look for what Mesh the item uses and either change it to a different Mesh (maybe an 'empty' nif, if you can find one), or remove it entirely--removing it entirely will probably show LOTS of missing-mesh errors in the CK, but shouldn't cause any obvious errors in game from what I recall.

For example, BoneHumanBloodyBone uses the Model Clutter\Bones\BloodyBone.nif. You could change that to Clutter\Dining Set\BasicKnife01.nif and they'd appear as knives instead :P

(One thing, I can't recall if you can change Nifs without extracting the .bsa files... So, there might be nothing to choose if that's the case :/ )

Actually deleting placed reference is a bad idea, generally, as if they're referenced in some way it can cause issues like what you're seeing.