Another newbie that needs help to take the first steps...

QQuix

I now pronounce this affliction of sanity OVER! (((I shall reign over vacuum cleaners once more!))) I never promised you that Bob. (((Oh.))) Welcome to this forum. Ye who still have it, give up sanity now. Or (((I will stare at you until you do.))) That's new.

sorry for off topic, but

I AM INSANE AND ALWAYS WILL BE

I believe you have not been informed of

Commandments 11-15:

11. To insult wolves is to invoke a fimbulwinter upon thy house, especially in a thread a certain somebody might read.

12. Although not an endangered species, Canadians are not to be hunted, trapped, shot, harvested, captured or introduced to captivity until further notice.

13. Yes, people from outside your country will post on these forums. Deal with it.

14. Speak not of Ninjalord or Peregrine the Bird from Hell.

15. Always know what you're talking about before you say anything.

Welcome to the Forums.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks again for all your warm welcome. You made me feel at home and gave more confidence with my ‘first steps’ on the Modding universe.

I just finished my first Mod (the Divine Elegance Showroom, mentioned earlier) and, now, I need your help on how to get a couple of kind souls to do some preliminary tests before I share it.

Although I tested it thoroughly and it looks good and sound, I would hate to share it and find out it doesn´t work as well in a different environment.

So, my question is: which would be the most appropriate Nexus Forum to post a “Testers wanted!” thread? (I already asked on a thread I started a month ago, but it has a very specific title and I suppose very few people will notice it)

Thanks in advance for any advice you may give me.

Well how I missed out on this little gathering of old-timers.

I'll never know, next time somebody send me an invitation.

But welcome to the forums QQuix.

I'm 50, a Floridian, and don't speak Portuguese.

But I did get my start in computers in the late 70s.

So I suppose you could say we have some things in common.

I look forward to seeing you around the forums.

Storm Raven

Thanks Storm Raven.

When I first posted, I didn’t imagine the forums would have so many old-timers. I even imagined the kids (anybody below 40) laughing at an old gamer. Now I see that there is room for everyone and everybody gets along nicely.

If you allow me, I would like to take the opportunity to say that I uploaded the mod I mentioned earlier. It is called “Divine Elegance Showroom” http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=17588

I am impressed with the number of downloads (266) and the number of views (1220) within the first 14 hours after I uploaded. I suppose it got some attention.

And, from the few nice feedbacks, I am relieved I didn’t make any major mistakes.

If and when you guys have a chance, give it a try it and let me know what you think.

And maybe I am not a newbie anymore :)

Tested yesterday your mod. first with a bare setup. No Umpa's and no cloths's mod, yet the result is impressive. Of course the girls doesn't seemed professional top models moving like mondaine people, and Palonyria's stock cloths aren't something any impressive. But was clear it's truly potential, so I download the Umpa's and Growlt's ones.

This can be said of your mod: it gave an yet greater purpose to those mods, you integrated then in a wonderful way yet letting your own mark in the process. No, for sure you aren't a newbie anymore, indeed you never was, here, in the usual sense.

Now the showroom was a real one. I take care not letting the common Cirodiil females copy the sensuality of the top models (but I think this is impossible mission once they see then :) ).

I rated it 10. Don't care if it have yet some pointed flaws here or there in the comments. These minor issues are expected in beta releases. Clearly there is no structural flaw in the concept and so they may, can, and surely will be fixed as soon discovered.

I'm proud having you in the "Ancient Old Ones Clan" (age is not the issue here, but helps). I believe the whole community feels same way.

Thanks, Nosisab. You are part of it, as you were very helpful with my technical questions in the Troubleshooting forum.

I already implemented the suggestions and found what was causing the Nord girl greenish skin tone for players that use Anti-aliasing (it was the color tone of candles on the wall).

Since there is no major problem with the Beta version, I will wait for additional feedback that may show up.

In the meantime, I am working on a little extra that I think will please the players.

Thanks, Nosisab. You are part of it, as you were very helpful with my technical questions in the Troubleshooting forum.

I already implemented the suggestions and found what was causing the Nord girl greenish skin tone for players that use Anti-aliasing (it was the color tone of candles on the wall).

Since there is no major problem with the Beta version, I will wait for additional feedback that may show up.

In the meantime, I am working on a little extra that I think will please the players.

Friend, surprise me, for now I know what you can do :)

Archived