[Guide] Player Armor Model Swap With Frosty

DeltaType90

Question: in your previous guide for doing this with the older tools, you mentioned some bugs with armor swapping.

Are these present with this method as well, or does using the new Frosty tools make any difference?

Okay just a couple of notes:

BUG!

First off you need to be aware that if you make swaps that replace full body armors (found in the gear branch under the entry "full") you will often encounter a bug and this can happen no matter if the full body swap is made to have the appearance of a "casual" outfit or if it is an actual armor, the bug can result in one or all three of the following:

1. Returning to the Tempest (or any other transition from open world to safe area) while wearing a swapped full body armor, will make Ryder appear as if wearing the under-armor, no matter which casual outfit you had originally chosen for this type of areas.

If on the Tempest you can undo this by going to your wardrobe, switch to another casual outfit, exit the wardrobe, reenter the wardrobe and change back to the outfit you really want to wear, but you will have to repeat this every time you return, if you are the patient type, you can just do like I do and RP it, saying well my Ryder has just returned and have not yet changed back to his/her casual clothes :D

2. Transitioning from the Tempest to an open-world zone while wearing a swapped full body armor will cause Ryder to appear as if only wearing the under-armor, has also happened to some people if they have logged out of the game while wearing the swapped armor.

To undo the bug simply go to a Forward Station and do the same thing as with the wardrobe and the casual outfit.

3. Loading a savegame where your character was wearing the swapped full body armor can take up to several minutes, one person actually waited for a whole 10 minutes (don't think I would have been able to be that patient myself :tongue: ), but the time can differ depending on your PC.

The best way to handle this issue is to simply wait until you reach a Forward Station before making your final save and closing your game, this way you can swap to a different armor before you save and logout :smile:

UI DISPLAY!

People need to be aware that in UIs such as the loadout and RnC the appearance of armor parts will still look like the default models, it is only on in the wardrobe, loadout character preview and open world that the appearance of the armors have changed, only exception to this seems to be for full body armors, changes to this type of armor will be reflected in all instances, no matter if it is preview, worldspace or UI.

Question: in your previous guide for doing this with the older tools, you mentioned some bugs with armor swapping.

Are these present with this method as well, or does using the new Frosty tools make any difference?

Okay just a couple of notes:

BUG!

First off you need to be aware that if you make swaps that replace full body armors (found in the gear branch under the entry "full") you will often encounter a bug and this can happen no matter if the full body swap is made to have the appearance of a "casual" outfit or if it is an actual armor, the bug can result in one or all three of the following:

1. Returning to the Tempest (or any other transition from open world to safe area) while wearing a swapped full body armor, will make Ryder appear as if wearing the under-armor, no matter which casual outfit you had originally chosen for this type of areas.

If on the Tempest you can undo this by going to your wardrobe, switch to another casual outfit, exit the wardrobe, reenter the wardrobe and change back to the outfit you really want to wear, but you will have to repeat this every time you return, if you are the patient type, you can just do like I do and RP it, saying well my Ryder has just returned and have not yet changed back to his/her casual clothes :D

2. Transitioning from the Tempest to an open-world zone while wearing a swapped full body armor will cause Ryder to appear as if only wearing the under-armor, has also happened to some people if they have logged out of the game while wearing the swapped armor.

To undo the bug simply go to a Forward Station and do the same thing as with the wardrobe and the casual outfit.

3. Loading a savegame where your character was wearing the swapped full body armor can take up to several minutes, one person actually waited for a whole 10 minutes (don't think I would have been able to be that patient myself :tongue: ), but the time can differ depending on your PC.

The best way to handle this issue is to simply wait until you reach a Forward Station before making your final save and closing your game, this way you can swap to a different armor before you save and logout :smile:

UI DISPLAY!

People need to be aware that in UIs such as the loadout and RnC the appearance of armor parts will still look like the default models, it is only on in the wardrobe, loadout character preview and open world that the appearance of the armors have changed, only exception to this seems to be for full body armors, changes to this type of armor will be reflected in all instances, no matter if it is preview, worldspace or UI.

This is actually a good question so I'm glad you asked it :)

I will be completely honest, I have actually not payed attention to this, in fact I have been so busy working on mods that I didn't even think of testing it, further more I am usually wearing the casual replacer that turns the long sleeved outfit into the underarmor, so I wouldn't even have noticed, but I will go test this now and update the guide with the info if needed and at the least I will write my findings here in the thread ;)

Okay so I did some testing and it would seem that not only is the Frosty method faster and easier, it is also a much cleaner edit and none of the old bugs appears to be an issue anymore so that awesome :dance:

Edited by DeltaType90

Okay so I did some testing and it would seem that not only it the Frosty method faster and easier, it is also a much cleaner edit and none of the old bugs appears to be an issue anymore so that awesome :dance:

yeeey :D I have done some progress myself :D now I have the asari-appearance on torso, legs and arms :D and I've found the appearance of the underarmor. It's something at least :D

Edit: the game freezes whenever I try to edit the underarmor :(

Edited by Cullenite