Replacing complexion textures (FrostyEditor) - I'm stuck o.O

acusis

Hi all... I've been trying to replace the face texture (complexion?) for preset 5 (Mariah) and haven't had any luck. I am assuming all I would have to do are edit and reimport the head files associated with mariah. But I think I'm missing something. I go through the steps but for the life of me can't get the replacement diffuse to show in the game.

I'm trying to edit and replace:

game/characters/human/hmf/0_heads/hmf_head_mariah/textures/hmf_head_mariah_diff

Maybe this is the wrong file? (I've tried replacing a couple of the preset diffuse files with no luck. I'm guessing this is where i'm going wrong?)

I've managed to successfully mod other game assets... replaced the mariah body, replaced tattoos, removed blasto from the athletic outfit >.>

I have tested without any other mods loaded.

If anyone can point me in the right direction i would appreciate it!!!

Tools:

Frosty Editor 1.0.2

Frosty Mod Manager 1.0.2

Photoshop with Intel Texture Works

ME:A Deluxe Edition (1.08)

Try this one instead: Game/Characters/Human/HMF/0_Heads/HMF_HEAD_Mariah/PCA/Textures/diffuse_mean

Hmmm, that one did replace the face texture in game. But, the pixel format is TF_BC3_UNORM and its only 1024x1024. I don't have that compression option and the coloring gets funny when using the other options - BC7 8bpp Fine (sRGB, DX11+) As far as the pixel size, I haven't tried replacing lower res with higher (2048) in frosty. Will play around with it a bit more.

Thanks!

• 10 months later...

Old topic, sorry for resurrecting but this is important. Other people may come here for answers.

Had the same problem with Photoshop and Intel Texture Tools. Then i resorted to using GIMP with the dds plugin.

GIMP: https://www.gimp.org/downloads/

DDS plugin: https://storage.googleapis.com/google-code-archive-downloads/v2/code.google.com/gimp-dds/gimp-dds-win64-3.0.1.zip

Tutorial:

-Export your DDS from FrostyEditor

-Edit it in Photoshop.

-Save as .psd file.

-Open this in GIMP.

-File -> Export as -> Select File Type (DDS) -> Compression: BC3 / DXT5

Now you can import this back in to FrostyEditor, it will show as proper TF_BC3_UNORM

Edited by RangerDulann

• 1 year later...

Old topic, but maybe important to someone.

If you want to replace or edit any complexion you need these.

game/characters/human/hmf/0_heads/hmf_head_mariah/textures/hmf_head_mariah_diff
game/characters/human/hmf/0_heads/hmf_head_mariah/textures/hmf_head_mariah_normal
game/characters/human/hmf/0_heads/hmf_head_mariah/textures/hmf_head_mariah_SSS

and you need to work with these too (or just these for the player complexion)

game/characters/human/hmf/0_heads/hmf_head_mariah/PCA/textures/diffuse_map

game/characters/human/hmf/0_heads/hmf_head_mariah/PCA/textures/normal_map

Some complexion haven't all these files (like Annie Preset10 or Emily Preset03) but always need to work with the diffuse, SSS and normals.