Looking for Mod Manager 5 testers

Mgamerz

Testing has completed - thanks everyone who reported issues (here and other places)!

Mod Manager 5 is a huge update to Mod Manager and needs some bugfixing - see below to get the latest beta and help report issues.

If you find ANY issues, please send a log file through the diagnostics menu.

http://i.imgur.com/RcN9xFs.gif

--------
Beta 2: Expired

Changes since beta 1:
- GUI Transplanter tool has been updated to v11 - v10 had a bug in the transplanting code and may not have properly transplanted all GFX files.
- Typo fixed on java 64bit message (thanks deadspear)
- Batch mod installs now check for a valid biogame before installing. It used to just let you try anyways.
- Internal code has been cleaned up some
- GUI Transplanter now has a compression option in the options menu. You can have it compress on save. This makes it take longer but may save some disk space.

-----

Beta 3: Download 5.0.0.4: Expired

Changes since Beta 2

- Add PCC Data Dumper (multithreaded)

- Redo About Window UI

- GUI Transplanter updated to work with dumping again

- Add compression option to GUI compatibility mods **** (SEE BELOW)

- Implementing new drag & drop **** (SEE BELOW)

- Cache modmaker mods to data/modmaker/cache

- Security updates

- First release to support Java 9

- Other stuff I'll document later

----

Beta 4: Expired

Changes since Beta 3:

- Should be feature complete now, so testing time

- PCC Data dumping is WICKED FASTER. Like, I can dump the entire vanilla game in less than 30 mins. It used to take almost 6 hours. Caching the interpeter's pcc object's saves a crazy amount of CPU.

- Lots of windows should be easier to use now as they'll center properly, have better modality, show up in taskbar when non-modal, etc.

- Bugfixes for multiple things (see commit log on github pull request)

- Significant Drag & Drop window improvements. Can now drag multiple same file types, like 2 TLK files instead of just 1 or a folder.

- Can now unpack TESTPATCH, in read-only mode.

- The UI for the file drop window needs a bit more work to make it less ugly in some scenarios

- PCC Data Dumper can now dump .swf files if you choose the option.

- Lots more stuff...

-------

Beta 5: Expired

This is the real deal - we should be able to squash bugs out on this one, I think it is just about done.

Changes since Beta 4:

- Mass Effect Modder is now available as a Tool On Demand

- Compression option in options menu is now selectable (bugfix)

- Failed Mods Window now has delete option and better chance at online recovery attempts

- Command Line Tools failing to download (or downloading bad version) now throws a more useful message.

- GUI Transplanter updated... should be more reliable, I hope.

- Mod Manager now enforces modname and modesc in moddesc.ini - it didn't use to

- If a mod fails due to no name it will temporarily extract the name from the foldername of the mod to show in the UI of failed mods

- Other small bugfixes

HOW TO HELP TEST
I need users to go through different features of the program and run them. The current changelog is available on this pull request on my github.

Some test cases:
- Generate GUI compatibility mod (if you use controller or interface scaling mods) and test them out - the code has been rewritten significantly.
- Generate a starter kit mod from the development menu
- Delete mods in the right click menu
- Delete me3cmm.ini and see what happens. Maybe edit some values so file paths aren't valid.
- Empty out the BIOGAME_DIRECTORIES file in the data folder and see what happens
- Toggle DLC
- Install Mods
- Create batch mods from the mod management menu and fool around with all the buttons
- Use ModMaker to download mods
- Run AutoTOC on the game
- AutoTOC local mods
- Run the program while offline on a fresh install (to see what happens)

- Run the program offline

- Run it with crappy internet

etc.

-----------
Beta 6: Not publicly released

----------

Beta 7: Expired

Changes since Beta 5:

- Mod deployment option in mod utils menu

- Most windows show now show up in aero peek (windows taskbar) - not all, but most

- Bugfixes for many things.

- Upload log size limited to 512KB (not KiB) per Pastebin API rules

- Lots more: https://github.com/Mgamerz/me3modmanager/pull/45#commitcomment-22986602

- Added MEM on demand w/ autoupdater

- etc...

----------

Beta 8: Expired

Changes since Beta 7:

- Batch mode now can be canceled. The current mod will finish installing and then it will stop. In the final version I will remove the batch cancel button on the final mod to install since it won't do anything.

- Mod install window is different with batch mode now, showing done/total.

- Performance improvements by gutting more System.out's and unused code

- Should be the last beta, seems pretty stable.

----------

RC 1: Expired

Changes since Beta 8:

- See github log (my hand hurts too much right now): https://github.com/Mgamerz/me3modmanager/pull/45#commits-pushed-4dbd9e3

- Mainly added right hand side tips, fixed bugs

---------

RC 2: Expired

Changes since RC1:

- Batch install is canceled if a game repair database has not been created an the currently installing mod needs one.

- New "open mod folder" item in the mod utils menu

- Fixed a bug where MM would require a game repair database even though it didn't (custom dlc)

---------

RC 3: Expired

Changes since RC2:

- Bugs in drag and drop and Map Mesh Viewer were fixed. Now does full file dump, seems to be an issue in the Transplanter-CLI

- About Window updated

- Platform specific 7z files now in platform specific folders

This should be the final version before release, I do not see any bugs anymore really.

-----------
If you're looking for more info on what I'm talking about, I made a pretty long blog post on new features and why this is the last version: http://me3tweaks.mgamerzproductions.com/2017/06/recent-developments-future.html

Thanks,
FemShep

Edited by Mgamerz

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have completed the first BETA build of Mod Manager 5.0. Note that this is BETA and I expect there to be some issues, I need users to report any inconsistencies through log files.

http://i.imgur.com/RcN9xFs.gif

Beta 1 (5.0.0.2): Expired

The primary thing I need people to do is go through the different features. The current changelog is available on this pull request on my github.

KNOWN ISSUES:

- Batch Mod Installs don't take into account automatic mod configuration should be applied if a previous mod was installed that could trigger it

BUGS FIXED SINCE Beta 1 release:

- Corrected typo on the Untested Java VM dialog - deadspear

If you could go through and test things that have changed in the changelog (create a compatibility pack when using a GUI mod when stuffing ME3 full of custom dlc mods for example), and let me know if any issues arrive.

Edited by Mgamerz

Beta 2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9bwvhTrA6pZRC1zaW53WVdKVG8/view?usp=sharing

Changes since beta 1:

- GUI Transplanter tool has been updated to v11 - v10 had a bug in the transplanting code and may not have properly transplanted all GFX files.

- Type fixed on java 64bit message (thanks deadspear)

- Batch mod installs now check for a valid biogame before installing. It used to just let you try anyways.

- Internal code has been cleaned up some

- GUI Transplanter now has a compression option in the options menu. You can have it compress on save. This makes it take longer but may save some disk space.

Few more planned features for beta 3:

- Logging will check the size of the text file and warn before upload of too large for pastebin (500kB).

- Cache modmaker xml files locally. Perhaps make a way to view metadata on them.

Edited by Mgamerz

Thanks. No worries. It was just an idea; would give more possibility for distinguishing one from another... even BioWare uses different naming: _CON_ and _EXP_

I guess if people like _MOD_ they could still type it in...

Thank You anyway for all your efforts you put in Mod Manager and beyond...

Adding a front end for my PCC Data Dumping tool (part of the ME3 GUI Transplanter tool). I've used it extensively for modding (it's what made my scriptdump file on my tools page) and it is what powers the pathfinding viewer (which is now fixed - zlib dll I use is not reliable with 32-bit).

http://i.imgur.com/0rj3A59.png

It produces excellent searchable files that are easy to read: Example file

Right now it can only dump the game directory, but when I revamp the drag and drop window it will be available there for PCC options.

Known todo:

- GUI Compatibility Generator: Remove WORKSPACE folder on output mods (starter kit)

- Redo the file drop menu

- PCC Data Dumper - extract read-only testpatch sfar for scanning.

I do not think I have many other features to add...

Edited by Mgamerz

http://i.imgur.com/HvGJs4Y.png

Beta 3:

- Add PCC Data Dumper (multithreaded)

- Redo About Window UI

- GUI Transplanter updated to work with dumping again

- Add compression option to GUI compatibility mods **** (SEE BELOW)

- Implementing new drag & drop **** (SEE BELOW)

- Cache modmaker mods to data/modmaker/cache

- Security updates

- First release to support Java 9

- Other stuff I'll document later

Download 5.0.0.4: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9bwvhTrA6pZOFNRQWVvQ2Z5MVk/view?usp=sharing

**** KNOWN ISSUES:

This build is a somewhat nightly as some features are not complete and are broken from the previous build:

- About window throws a nullpointerexception when being closed and it causes the help menu to show previously selected icon - this is a bug in the java platform they haven't fixed for years.

- Drag & Drop is broken (new UI in progress)

- Compression of compatibilty mods won't work as the transplanter is built 32-bit only and zlib is busted on 32-bit. I need to add 64-bit detection code and update the transplanter to require 64-bit if --compress is specified

TODO:

- Fix Drag & Drop (will work with PCC Data Dumper too)

- Fix Transplanter compression

- Upgrade testing from 4.5.4 - Right now directly overwriting 4.5.4 will not work as the files are not on my server yet. You will need to manually overwrite your previous beta or 4.5.4 installation.

You should keep the ModMenu Utils menu and also have the right-click options as well (Edit name, Run AutoToc This Mod, Delete This mod, etc). If a user doesn't have a mouse/touchpad or is currently having issues with their mouse then they'll be unable to use these features without the menu.

Also, wouldn't it be better to if you ran AutoToc with Apply Mod before the actual mod installation? Whenever I make a change to a mod I have to reload MM, manually run AutoToc This Mod, then use Apply Mod. It makes more sense to me prodecurally to Toc in the \...\mods folder first, then copy it from there over to the game installation.

No bugs to report...yet.

Edited by Shadohz