Testing has completed - thanks everyone who reported issues (here and other places)!
Mod Manager 5 is a huge update to Mod Manager and needs some bugfixing - see below to get the latest beta and help report issues.
If you find ANY issues, please send a log file through the diagnostics menu.
Beta 2: Expired
Changes since beta 1:
- GUI Transplanter tool has been updated to v11 - v10 had a bug in the transplanting code and may not have properly transplanted all GFX files.
- Typo fixed on java 64bit message (thanks deadspear)
- Batch mod installs now check for a valid biogame before installing. It used to just let you try anyways.
- Internal code has been cleaned up some
- GUI Transplanter now has a compression option in the options menu. You can have it compress on save. This makes it take longer but may save some disk space.
Beta 3: Download 220.127.116.11: Expired
Changes since Beta 2
- Add PCC Data Dumper (multithreaded)
- Redo About Window UI
- GUI Transplanter updated to work with dumping again
- Add compression option to GUI compatibility mods **** (SEE BELOW)
- Implementing new drag & drop **** (SEE BELOW)
- Cache modmaker mods to data/modmaker/cache
- Security updates
- First release to support Java 9
- Other stuff I'll document later
Beta 4: Expired
Changes since Beta 3:
- Should be feature complete now, so testing time
- PCC Data dumping is WICKED FASTER. Like, I can dump the entire vanilla game in less than 30 mins. It used to take almost 6 hours. Caching the interpeter's pcc object's saves a crazy amount of CPU.
- Lots of windows should be easier to use now as they'll center properly, have better modality, show up in taskbar when non-modal, etc.
- Bugfixes for multiple things (see commit log on github pull request)
- Significant Drag & Drop window improvements. Can now drag multiple same file types, like 2 TLK files instead of just 1 or a folder.
- Can now unpack TESTPATCH, in read-only mode.
- The UI for the file drop window needs a bit more work to make it less ugly in some scenarios
- PCC Data Dumper can now dump .swf files if you choose the option.
- Lots more stuff...
Beta 5: Expired
This is the real deal - we should be able to squash bugs out on this one, I think it is just about done.
Changes since Beta 4:
- Mass Effect Modder is now available as a Tool On Demand
- Compression option in options menu is now selectable (bugfix)
- Failed Mods Window now has delete option and better chance at online recovery attempts
- Command Line Tools failing to download (or downloading bad version) now throws a more useful message.
- GUI Transplanter updated... should be more reliable, I hope.
- Mod Manager now enforces modname and modesc in moddesc.ini - it didn't use to
- If a mod fails due to no name it will temporarily extract the name from the foldername of the mod to show in the UI of failed mods
- Other small bugfixes
HOW TO HELP TEST
I need users to go through different features of the program and run them. The current changelog is available on this pull request on my github.
Some test cases:
- Generate GUI compatibility mod (if you use controller or interface scaling mods) and test them out - the code has been rewritten significantly.
- Generate a starter kit mod from the development menu
- Delete mods in the right click menu
- Delete me3cmm.ini and see what happens. Maybe edit some values so file paths aren't valid.
- Empty out the BIOGAME_DIRECTORIES file in the data folder and see what happens
- Toggle DLC
- Install Mods
- Create batch mods from the mod management menu and fool around with all the buttons
- Use ModMaker to download mods
- Run AutoTOC on the game
- AutoTOC local mods
- Run the program while offline on a fresh install (to see what happens)
- Run the program offline
- Run it with crappy internet
Beta 6: Not publicly released
Beta 7: Expired
Changes since Beta 5:
- Mod deployment option in mod utils menu
- Most windows show now show up in aero peek (windows taskbar) - not all, but most
- Bugfixes for many things.
- Upload log size limited to 512KB (not KiB) per Pastebin API rules
- Lots more: https://github.com/M...omment-22986602
- Added MEM on demand w/ autoupdater
Beta 8: Expired
Changes since Beta 7:
- Batch mode now can be canceled. The current mod will finish installing and then it will stop. In the final version I will remove the batch cancel button on the final mod to install since it won't do anything.
- Mod install window is different with batch mode now, showing done/total.
- Performance improvements by gutting more System.out's and unused code
- Should be the last beta, seems pretty stable.
RC 1: Expired
Changes since Beta 8:
- See github log (my hand hurts too much right now): https://github.com/M...-pushed-4dbd9e3
- Mainly added right hand side tips, fixed bugs
RC 2: Expired
Changes since RC1:
- Batch install is canceled if a game repair database has not been created an the currently installing mod needs one.
- New "open mod folder" item in the mod utils menu
- Fixed a bug where MM would require a game repair database even though it didn't (custom dlc)
RC 3: Expired
Changes since RC2:
- Bugs in drag and drop and Map Mesh Viewer were fixed. Now does full file dump, seems to be an issue in the Transplanter-CLI
- About Window updated
- Platform specific 7z files now in platform specific folders
This should be the final version before release, I do not see any bugs anymore really.
If you're looking for more info on what I'm talking about, I made a pretty long blog post on new features and why this is the last version: http://me3tweaks.mga...nts-future.html
Edited by Mgamerz, 15 July 2017 - 06:43 PM.