The Creation Club - How to make it helpful to the Modding community, not destroy it

MrJoseCuervo

im just hoping they release some more new world space mods like far harbour n nuka world just like fallout 3 with 5 dlcs to mod with i be sure to buy them than crappy mods that are on it now which u can get it for free...

thats my two cents

That's what everyone wanted with creation club but it is not what we got and after CC and the steam fiasco its pretty much dead in the water to me. I personally think CC isn't targeting PC or Xbox users since these platforms allow 3rd party mods but the people on PS4 because Sony isn't allowing mods and most likely the Switch because Nintentdo. :\

There is also information floating around that modders who made large high quality mods were outright ignored when they applied for CC and one was banned from the Bethesda forums for speaking about CC. The context wasn't exactly clear but I think they were criticizing the launch but defending what CC because of what the system could bring.

After really paying attention to what has been going on these past few days I'm pretty convinced the CC is just a way to milk PS4 and Switch users because of how closed off the consoles are and PC/Xbox was an after thought. So now you have things like the files being stored on everyone's drives and CC content that makes zero sense for PC users who are smart enough to realize that these are paid mods and identical to content that can be found on the Nexus for free which Pete Hines said wouldn't be the case.

Again PC users are treated like garbage to facilitate consoles.

Edited by CosmicArrow

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my alternate list of changes to improve the situation:

1. Remove the credits system and charge real money. Show the customers some respect.

2. Sell content in packs when it is small stuff. "Community Weapon Pack #1" It's not hard to merge mods from different creators or split revenue fairly if creators get a percentage.

3. Sell content at prices that are of a comparable value to official DLC. Consider that the Workshop DLCs are now $5, but even at $15 they'd be a better value compared to spending the same in the CC.

I don't think the Creation Club will damage the mod scene, but I do believe it is a bad service and will/has damaged Bethesda's reputation.

1. Remove the credits system and charge real money. Show the customers some respect.

2. Sell content in packs when it is small stuff. "Community Weapon Pack #1" It's not hard to merge mods from different creators or split revenue fairly if creators get a percentage.

3. Sell content at prices that are of a comparable value to official DLC. Consider that the Workshop DLCs are now $5, but even at $15 they'd be a better value compared to spending the same in the CC.

I don't think the Creation Club will damage the mod scene, but I do believe it is a bad service and will/has damaged Bethesda's reputation.

its easy for some to merge mods i have yet to learn how to. (i mean a full merge not just a patch to make all the mods into one esp but still need others in your load order)

but i do agree with you they way they did it over all forces you (ps4 owners at best) to keep buying Bethesda bucks (i call them) to buy CC mods. i find it to be a very VERY horrid value for what you get.

in truth you would be forced to spend over 30 bucks to get something you like (Or many items) because the way they have it set up is you will never have enough Cr to buy something.. like the 7.99usd =750 if you buy 400 or 500 worth your stuck with 150-250 not enough for a full 2nd item. and the quest. are laughabul . (u go here and find item and its yours)

i was supporting CC if it was done right, like i always said, if i found i mod i wanted for so long like a really good DLC add on like mod i would be willing to donate/ patron(?) to the cause or be a support in some cash, not more then 10 but still. so they get atlest a far better % back into there pocket since i know something to that size would take alot of time, love and effort

You know, what really chaps my hide about this is that... I am not against Beth-Zen bringing outside modders in and paying them to work on small to mid-sized projects. Hell, Im not even against paying for said mods at the end of the day... But this? This is a mess. For EVERYONE.

I want to know what modders works Im using. I want to know said modders get a chunk of the pie every time it's sold. I want the prices for said paid mods to reflect what they are worth. (because, that is 100% what these are, and skirting around that like a little kid playing the "IM NOT TOUCHING YOU!" game is silly) $4 re-skins? Did these guys hit your heads? Are they ok, do they need ice?!?!?

But ALSO: If Im paying for mods THEY HAD BETTER PLAY NICELY WITH ALL MY OTHER MODS. I spend MONTHS tweaking my game to get it just so... And I cannot believe they just tossed a hand-grenade into my game just now, and expect me to be happy sitting in the rubble of my once enjoyable game.

ALSO OF NOTE: Don't stick things in my hard drive I did not explicitly ask for. That's skeevy. I feel... soiled.

What I cant believe, its that there are still idiots out there defending what just happened.

No really, are you retarded or is bethesda paying you to say these things? :confused:

Are you still hoping bethesda will release DLC like mods?

Well here's from someone who knows a thing or 2 about scripts and such.

Bethesda announced that there is a limit of roughly 4000 records per mod (if you ever used F4Edit or Tes5Edit, you will know what records are).

Now 4000 isn't nearly enough to make a quality mini dlc quest mod, let alone something like falskar or wyrmstooth or Project brasil (fallout new vegas mode, highly recommended ) etc.

The best you will get is a non voiced fetch quest, where you are sent to kill him/her or get that.

Now something like Automatron dlc has @ 50.000 records, and its a small dlc compared to others from the series.

Creation club has more limitations than free modding which is pathetic.

This is nothing more than bethesda pickpocketing you up front while wearing a smile and lying to your face that they are trying to be your friend.

I feel sorry for PS4 users, because if bethesda treats us like garbage, then they must thing ps4 users are lower than garbage.

Bethesda we knew and loved is gone, probably gonna be worse than EA in a year or two.

Edited by HeArTBeaT15

I agree with all this. The prices are way to high for those small assets in my opinion.

Of course, they could charge caps instead...make all that loot in FO4 valuable? hoho. :teehee:

But the worst part in the long run for many might be the extra download size...gigabyte bandwith aren't free for everyone, nor is storage unlimited, so that's a really weird idea. At least if they don't plan to change it or keep the total download size of CC restricted, which I guess doesn't make much sense either.

• 2 years later...

Figured I would bump this now since it has been 3 years and we can better see the plans Beth has for the future of their games.

I am glad to say my dire warnings for the current well being of the community have been proven to be largely overblown. However the future still looks bleak to me.

1) Creation Club has turned out to be a sick money grab filled with mediocre content that is completely overpriced. Free content still exceeds anything the sellouts who went CC have been creating.

2) It is clear after watching FO76 come out and implode that the quality standards and honesty at Bethesda are completely lacking.

3) CC is clearly a foundation for their future releases.

I personally will not be purchasing any product released by Bethesda well into its initial release and not until the Modding tools are released and I get incontrovertible evidence it will remain open and free as it always has.

Yeah, at this point, buying a beth game on release day is a pretty big gamble, and likely an exercise in frustration. Waiting at least six months after release, so beths 'beta testers' (i.e. their general audience.....) can get some of the more glaring bugs ironed out is pretty much a requirement. At least, it is for me. That, and I am REAL curious what direction they are going to take their next game.... (in the FO and TES franchises, no real interest in the other stuff they do.) Are they going to 'casualize' it even more than it already is??? Make it even less of an RPG?

It's been 9 years since the last 'new' TES game was released, 5 years for FO..... One would think they would at least be talking about something in those francises by this point..... They released a trailer several years ago.... and that was the last I heard of it..... since then, nary a peep out of them. Makes ya wonder.

I personally will not be purchasing any product released by Bethesda well into its initial release and not until the Modding tools are released and I get incontrovertible evidence it will remain open and free as it always has.

This is my stance as well.

If I could suggest a 4th point for your list:

4. Bethesda have proven themselves to be unrepentant recidivists who have continually failed to address the huge gap between their stated intentions and their ability to execute