Winchester 1895 / Russian Model 1915

nicomnovillo

Hi everyone, I´m submitting this request in order to find a kind soul to take pity on a loser like myself and design the weapon I've longed for, both in real life and in my video games, for quite some time now.

The gun in question, is none other than the Winchester 1895 version specifically modified as requested for the Russian army at the begining of the 20th century, and used as said army´s service rifle during most of WWI (First World War), being progresively replaced by Mosin Nagant rifles by the end of it. The Winchester Russian Model 1915 is a lever-action rifle, based off of the Winchester 1895, which I think is the first lever-action repating rifle produced that featured a box magazine located underneath the action rather than the tubular, underbarrel design more commonly used. It´s reload is similar to that of a bolt-action rifle, using, if empty, a 5-round stripper clip, that allowed to top a (let´s say) half-spent magazine by loading rounds individually. The basic, infantry model included iron sights, but for snipers a sniper (redundant, duh) scope could be added off to the left (or right, who knows) side of the action, not unlike both british Lee Enfield Mk. III or the US military M1 Garand, when modified for snipping.

In addition to designing the weapon and placing it in the game, mods could be added to the weapon in-game. Unfortunately, I´m not that familiar with the gun modification system in Fallout 4 yet, so as to how exactly to add the mods to the game, I cannot give ideas. Anyway, here are the ideas/suggestions I have for mods:

• Sniper Scope (picture): explanation no required...
  • Apperture Sights (picture): adds said type of sights to the weapon, giving the ADS action a slight zoom plus a much clearer view of the surroundings (essenctialy a Red Dot Scope in function :huh: )
  • Silencer: explanation redundant once again, this mod in particular, just as the next, are definitely NOT historically friendly, considering neither of them existed or were at least practiced during WWI. Nevertheless, silencers are quite the useful mods for sniper rifles, so feel free to add it.
  • Polymer/Carbon Frame: to reduce weight and improve durability, replacing original wooden frame for a more plastic, modern one, as texture of the weapon. This one I have not much hope for, since it would require a ridiculous ammount of time and effort, basically double it, given the fact that it requires individual textures for every permutation of the rifle with every mod, replacing the wooden framing only. Feel free to ignore that one.

Now the illustrative pictures (could not find how to actually add the picture for the life of me, so I have the next best thing: links!):

The rifle

http://www.forgottenweapons.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/win95russian.jpg

The sniper config, take note of the bipod, to use as a visual addition perhaps

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Rzlh2bneHjo/maxresdefault.jpg

The aperture sights, form a different rifle, please don´t use the original ones in Fallout lever-action rifles, those suck

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/hjYnchIudZ0/maxresdefault.jpg

So yes, most of them are "ripped" from DICE´s Battlefield 1, but what did you expect? I owe to that game my love and obsession for the rifle, as well as the knowledge of both it´s and the apperture sights existence. Either way, designing a mod out of their own designs IS NOT against copyrights laws, given the fact they are based off from real life things...

Well, this is the end of the post/request. If you are reading this, it (almost certainly, I hope) means you have actually read everything I wrote up there, so thank you, even if you were just curious and are not a modder or don´t consider my little project worthy of your time and effort. Anyway, have a nice day... or night... whatever, honestly.

PS: I attached to the post a sound file of an actual Winchester 1915 being fired, to either be used directly or as a basis for the in-game firing sound! Naturally, is an extremely short sound file, but hopefuly a proficient modder will know how to work something out.

• 1 year later...

I love my lever action rifles, but sadly I don't think this is happening.

I don't know much about modding, but modding a lever action rifle like this can't be easy. Bethesda messed up bad with the lever action rifle from Far Harbor, so I doubt that we're ever going to get a high quality mod like the one you're suggesting.

DICE perfected the Winchester 1895 in Battlefield 1, the sound, the animations, the position you see the gun, it's perfect.