extract models and texture from the game

mitsurai

Hi there!! I'm planning to make a conversion mod for Skyrim, mainly about armors, female clothes and maybe some weapons... because there's a lack of souls related armor mods here :teehee:

So here's the problem: how extract Dark Souls 3's meshes and textures from the game? I've tried a LOT of free tools/software all available on the net but no one works :wallbash: ...there's someone ho can explain or give me an advice about game's model's extraction? or even do it for me? I'm a noob in dark souls modding I know :blush:

I made a video guide on how to extract textures and manipulate them in DS3. The guide is in this forum title:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5533212-texture-modding-the-how-to-guide/

I know how you can extract the models and meshes also. But I don't know how to get them in game after I modify them.

I will make a tutorial if I have time up until the point of extraction. After that I'm lost because:

1. I don't know 3d modeling

2. There is no injector for this type of files for DS3 (or another solution would be to recreate the data files with the modified models)

I made a video guide on how to extract textures and manipulate them in DS3. The guide is in this forum title:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5533212-texture-modding-the-how-to-guide/

I know how you can extract the models and meshes also. But I don't know how to get them in game after I modify them.

I will make a tutorial if I have time up until the point of extraction. After that I'm lost because:

1. I don't know 3d modeling

2. There is no injector for this type of files for DS3 (or another solution would be to recreate the data files with the modified models)

OMG! yes, please :woot: if you do that I'll be grateful forever! The models and textures are a really good starting point you know :wink: I'm a noob in dark souls modding but i'm quite good in 3d modeling (3ds max, zbrush, and just a little bit of blender) so the first point may be covered! I'll check your link with the video tut about the textures, let me know if you make the model's one :thumbsup:

Edited by mitsurai

I'm too lazy to create a tutorial for models. PM me a skype adress and I could show you real quick how it's done to get the models and give you the necessary tools

Yeah!! I'm gonna do it now :D

• 1 year later...