Can anyone help me with this myster issue I'm having with my game?

Driskoll127

Whenever I save my game, quicksave, go to the ESC menu or exit/enter spaces my game freezes for usually a solid 30 or so seconds and this is usually accompanied by looping/skipping audio (usually only the radio) and a black screen with no loading wheel whenever I enter/exit. I do not think it's any of my mods, because after I started having the issue I removed some of the newer ones I recently gotten and that didn't help. I thought it may be some of the harder-hitting mods performance wise so I deleted my texture pack and Warzones, but that didn't help either.

Recently I used CASM, a program to purge my cache, New Vegas stutter remover, as well as NV save cleaner and none of those helped. I'm really at a loss here.

Here's my load order-http://imgur.com/qv9BsQV

And here's a crappy video of what happens when I save- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCPZFs_ivSg

We can only guess in an information vacuum. Please provide the information requested in the wiki "How to ask for help" article. In particular, where did you install the game? If to the default of "C:\Program Files" then you need to move it. Information is linked in that article.

At the very least that "load order" is [expletive deleted] wrong. The DLC and POP files are in the wrong order. It's a wonder you were able to play at all. You've got all the optional files for WMR installed when you were supposed to pick only one set: "R" or "S" suffix; not both. Go back and read the install directions again. That's just the most obvious problems. Better would be to read the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article first and start over from a fresh "verify files". It will actually be quicker and cleaner.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent

Like @dubiousintent said, you should rearrange your load order.

And also, I had a very similar problem with my game, and it turned out to be caused by NVSE string-related memory leaks. You should check the size of your *name of save*.nvse file in your saves folder, if it's too big, that might be the cause of your problem.

I just uninstalled WMR. Don't use it anyways.

My largest save file is about 11,500 KB @xax Is that too big? How can I fix it if that is the issue?

PC specs-

GTX 430

Intel Core 2 duo

external HD space- 1TB

I have my game installed on an external drive.

I have all DLCs and my game is fully patched.

I have NVSE, and have used LOOT.

I am using NMM.

I have applied a 4GB patch.

Anything else?

We can only guess in an information vacuum. Please provide the information requested in the wiki "How to ask for help" article. In particular, where did you install the game? If to the default of "C:\Program Files" then you need to move it. Information is linked in that article.

At the very least that "load order" is [expletive deleted] wrong. The DLC and POP files are in the wrong order. It's a wonder you were able to play at all. You've got all the optional files for WMR installed when you were supposed to pick only one set: "R" or "S" suffix; not both. Go back and read the install directions again. That's just the most obvious problems. Better would be to read the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article first and start over from a fresh "verify files". It will actually be quicker and cleaner.

-Dubious-

How is my load order wrong? I check it with LOOT, and I also looked at some guides and didn't see anything.

We can only go by what you showed us in the screenshot (which is why we don't like them; there is always something missing). If you are using LOOT, it has the capability to copy and paste the actual LO here. Described in both the "How to ask for help" and the "FNV General Mod Use Advice" articles. But LOOT wouldn't leave you with the LO shown.

Please see the 'Essentials for Getting Started', 'Vanilla "Load Order" ', and 'Towards Game Stability' sections of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article. And you are still failing to provide the rest of the information requested.

-Dubious-

I just uninstalled WMR. Don't use it anyways.

My largest save file is about 11,500 KB @xax Is that too big? How can I fix it if that is the issue?

If that's the size of your .fos file, that's a bit big, but probably okay.

If that's the size of your .nvse file, that's ridiculously huge, and almost certainly the cause of your issue.

To fix this, you should disable all mods that use NVSE strings, load your game like this, then save it, turn the mods back on and load the new save. Alternatively, you can just delete the .nvse file (but not the .fos). This might cause issues with scripted mods, while the first method will cause issues with mods that add new items (no idea why they would use NVSE strings though).

If you have no idea what mods use NVSE strings, you can check the end of your nvse.log file that should be located in your game folder. It might contain information about what mods have strings saved.

What am I looking for in that file?

Load order-

0 0 FalloutNV.esm
1 1 DeadMoney.esm
2 2 HonestHearts.esm
3 3 OldWorldBlues.esm
4 4 LonesomeRoad.esm
5 5 GunRunnersArsenal.esm
6 6 CaravanPack.esm
7 7 ClassicPack.esm
8 8 MercenaryPack.esm
9 9 TribalPack.esm
10 a Fallout3.esm
11 b Anchorage.esm
12 c ThePitt.esm
13 d BrokenSteel.esm
14 e PointLookout.esm
15 f Zeta.esm
16 10 TaleOfTwoWastelands.esm
17 11 StreetLights.esm
18 12 ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm
19 13 AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
20 14 DFB - Random Encounters.esm
21 15 ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm
22 16 AWorldOfPainFO3.esm
23 17 AWOPLowRobots.esp
24 18 VarmintRifle22LR.esp
25 19 MoreChems.esp
26 1a The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
27 1b FlashlightNVSE.esp
28 1c robcocraftomaticsuite_edisleado.esp
29 1d PerkEveryLevel.esp
30 1e HelplessFalling.esp
31 1f DFB - Random Encounters - Update - MCM.esp
32 20 NCR Correction clean up.esp
33 21 Fellout.esp
34 22 The Weapon Mod Menu.esp
35 23 RadioMayak.esp
36 24 001 Project Weaponry.esp
37 25 Vicious Wastes.esp
38 26 Vicious Wastes - Complete.esp
39 27 TTW - Fellout.esp
40 28 SenterPats Weapon Pack.esp
41 29 NCNEGore.esp
42 2a GoodspringsFarmhouse_v1.2.esp
43 2b RWD-NV v1.3 [Alternative Version].esp
44 2c realistic headshots HC VATS.esp
45 2d Alternative Start.esp
46 2e Wastelander Pack.esp
47 2f Portable Bedroll - Well Rested.esp
48 30 More Fiends.esp
49 31 PowderGangerNCRPrisonRespawn_Moar.esp
50 32 AutomatedVendor.esp
51 33 MojaveExpressDynamic.esp
52 34 More Ghouls V2.esp
53 35 Base building.esp
54 36 GlovesGalore.esp
55 37 GlovesGalore_DeadMoney.esp
56 38 OdiossModWornBackpack.esp
57 39 OdiossModWornBackpack25lb.esp
58 3a DLC Weapon Integration.esp
59 3b Radio_Sinatra.esp
60 3c CPRadiostation.esp
61 3d NRN-AutoRepair.esp
62 3e NRN.esp
63 3f LRN.esp
64 40 XFO - 9a - Enemies - AI revamp.esp
65 41 XFO - 9da - Enemies - NPC Healing - low.esp
66 42 XFO - 9db - Enemies - NPC Healing - med.esp
67 43 XFO - 9dc - Enemies - NPC Healing - high.esp
68 44 GRA-WRP-Patch-Two_Unofficial.esp
69 45 Realistic Equip Sounds.esp
70 46 pipboy2500_edisleado.esp
71 47 NoGloveOrBackpackShishkebabGehenna.esp
72 48 ManualReload-OldWorldBlues.esp
73 49 ManualReload.esp
74 4a PacienciaFix.esp
75 4b AssaultCarbineFix.esp
76 4c WorkingCrimsonCaravanTraders.esp
77 4d Reload Sounds.esp
78 4e NCNEGoreDM.esp
79 4f NCNEGoreHH.esp
80 50 NCNEGoreLR.esp
81 51 NCNEGoreOWB.esp
82 52 CASM.esp
83 53 ClearCacheKey.esp
84 54 F4Quickloot.esp
85 55 Tailor Maid - NV.esp
86 56 w44Satchels - Lite.esp

That LO is much more like it should be. But you still have some issues.

* You have to choose only one of the "XFO - Enemies - NPC Healing" plugins. As it is only the "- high" version is in effect (rule of one).

* I see a "GRA-WRP-Patch-Two_Unofficial" patch, but don't recognize a WRP file. (It might be there but I don't use it.) Do not use any patches intended for plugins you do not have "active" in your LO. It causes "missing master" issues.

* There have been the occasional issue with "F4QuickLoot" inadvertently affecting other scripts. Not at all sure it is compatible with TTW, so you might want to check with their forum.

Please see the 'Third Rule: The Rule of One' and 'Merge Patch File' sections of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article. You need one.

Your NVSE.LOG file is likely pretty near empty unless you enabled logging. Please see the 'Checklist item #4' entry in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide for how to do so.

Until you get things straightened out, suggest you create a new, test character saved just after you exit Doc Mitchell's the first time. Keep it for testing new mods in the future. Once the game seems stable you can try to load a save game from before you started to have problems, but as recommended before, starting over is still your best bet for a trouble free game.

You have the game installed to an "external drive"? This is good in that it is outside of the system protected area; but bad in that usually such drives have slower connections than internal ones and can cause lag. It probably explains your long load and save times. The other associated symptoms such as stuttering sound can be laid to the same cause. What sort of physical connection do you have (USB3.0, Firewire, SCSI, etc.)? Is it the same speed on both ports (computer and drive) and connecting cable? The slowest part of the connection is the bottleneck that determines the overall speed of data transfer. You may not know; in which case you should seriously consider moving data that does not constantly require high speed transfer rates to the external drive and the game to an internal one instead.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent

That LO is much more like it should be. But you still have some issues.

* You have to choose only one of the "XFO - Enemies - NPC Healing" plugins. As it is only the "- high" version is in effect (rule of one).

* I see a "GRA-WRP-Patch-Two_Unofficial" patch, but don't recognize a WRP file. (It might be there but I don't use it.) Do not use any patches intended for plugins you do not have "active" in your LO. It causes "missing master" issues.

* There have been the occasional issue with "F4QuickLoot" inadvertently affecting other scripts. Not at all sure it is compatible with TTW, so you might want to check with their forum.

Please see the 'Third Rule: The Rule of One' and 'Merge Patch File' sections of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article. You need one.

Your NVSE.LOG file is likely pretty near empty unless you enabled logging. Please see the 'Checklist item #4' entry in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide for how to do so.

Until you get things straightened out, suggest you create a new, test character saved just after you exit Doc Mitchell's the first time. Keep it for testing new mods in the future. Once the game seems stable you can try to load a save game from before you started to have problems, but as recommended before, starting over is still your best bet for a trouble free game.

You have the game installed to an "external drive"? This is good in that it is outside of the system protected area; but bad in that usually such drives have slower connections than internal ones and can cause lag. It probably explains your long load and save times. The other associated symptoms such as stuttering sound can be laid to the same cause. What sort of physical connection do you have (USB3.0, Firewire, SCSI, etc.)? Is it the same speed on both ports (computer and drive) and connecting cable? The slowest part of the connection is the bottleneck that determines the overall speed of data transfer. You may not know; in which case you should seriously consider moving data that does not constantly require high speed transfer rates to the external drive and the game to an internal one instead.

-Dubious-

I am using WRP so I know it is there.

MY HD has a USB3.0 cable connecting into the drive physically, but my computer only has regular USB connection ports. (meaning the 3.0 plugs into the drive and converts to regular to plug into my PC)