Faster ways to hydrate yourself in survival

nuudelirasia

If there isn't anything like this already, I would like to see a mod that would make hydrating yourself a way more faster than it is now. The way how often you are required to drink in survival combined with the fact that you have to spend ridiculous amounts of time watching those pumping animations at settlement's waterpumps is a waste of time. It would be much better if:

A) you would get fully hydrated instantly while drinking from water sources that offer infinite amount of purified water

B) while you'd be inside the construction boundaries of a friendly settlement that has at least one infinite source of purified water you would be fully hydrated all the time you spend inside that settlement.

These changes would not make the game easier/harder, they'd just make the game much more enjoyable by getting rid of unnecessary steps.

I don't have modding tools set up nor do I know how to implement this, but if nobody decides implement this I am planning to try it myself. If you have any tips how this could be made possible feel free to comment.

Thanks for reading.

You mean hydrating not from water bottles? Cuz thats the only way i do it.

When you build a tier 1 water resource on your settlement, the water pump or what ever it is called, you can use it to hydrate yourself "free of charge". This is how it functions in vanilla Fallout 4. So no, there is no reason to hydrate yourself using precious purified water bottles when you are inside a settlement that has at least one functioning water pump resource.

I'd love to see a stillsuit base clothing or clothing modifier.

"With a Fremen suit in good working order, you won’t lose more than a thimbleful of moisture a day—even if you’re caught in the Great Erg." -Kynes, Dune

Could probably reference the quote by having a named variant.

I'd love to see a stillsuit base clothing or clothing modifier.

"With a Fremen suit in good working order, you won’t lose more than a thimbleful of moisture a day—even if you’re caught in the Great Erg." -Kynes, Dune

Could probably reference the quote by having a named variant.

That's a cool idea for a mod that changes the lore / gameplay mechanics. My suggestion does not have an effect on those. Also, for Shai-hulud!

All it needs for lore is for:

1. Someone, somewhere was a survivalist.

2. They got thirsty and thought "How can I fix this?"

3. They had a high enough Science skill.

But yes, filling your drink meter in a single use/anim from a static water source would be preferable. Probably just need to up the amount of water you intake.

The problem there is this was clearly done to limit the amount of water you get to reflect the quantity of rads you get in exchange for drinking unclean water. It won't reflexively fill you up because the game assumes you don't want it to reflexively irradiate you as well.

Can take a targeted approach by having clean sources automatically fill you up, but this would likely not catch all potential sources added by mods/dlc.

That's why I stated the hydration process should be instant for endless sources of purified water only. There is no situation where you would not want to hydrate yourself fully when having access to an endless source of purified water. Settlements' water pumps offer purified water always.