[LE] Problem with navmesh border in a specific place

Hello, I am working on a mod that changes a bit of an exterior cell, and as a result I had to change a bit of the Navmesh so that NPC's wouldn't bump into objects/buildings. After changing what I needed, finalzing the Navmesh and all connecting borders showing green I went into game and noticed that the NPC's wouldn't go across one place in specific of the border, I tried again and again doing little tweaks here and there, do completely new triangles, and nothing solved the problem, the rest of the border between these 2 cells work, they go across no problem (sometimes in another specific place they might behave weird and either go or don't go, but apart from these 2 zones the rest if completely fine). I will post prints below showing the area. The cells are Wilderness -2,-14 and -2,-15.

http://imgur.com/4ygJt3M

Below is a print showing the complete border between those 2 cells (and another one) with blue representing the borders working, yellow the one that behaves weird and purple the problematic one.

http://imgur.com/kX8mYYM

Print showing the pathing working on Creation Kit despite no working in game.

http://imgur.com/j2I89eg

If anyone knows what's wrong and/or how to solve this I would appreciate some help, thank you.

Edit: after some more testing I noticed that SOMETIMES some NPC's might go across it when they are sandboxing, but not always, and if I tell any follower to wait on the other cell, or sit in the chair or bench I put there, they never go, neither they will follow me to the other side. I have an NPC that is supposed to exit the house and sit on a chair there for a period of time, sometimes he goes and does it, other times he doesn't.

Edited by Wintermoon137

Everything looks ok from your pictures but its a set of pictures about navmesh so yeah, might not be the full story. I checked that area in the CK myself (without your mod of course) and there's nothing special about that location, just your typical wilderness navmeshing so it must be something you've done that is making this area act weirdly for the NPCs.

Things to try or check:

1. Change view modes in the navmesh toolbar and shift some of the vertices in the problem area by small amounts in order to check for doubled navmesh under some of the triangles. This can easily confuse NPCs if it exists in that location.

2. Select any vertices that are on that sort of multi-level ground slab and and hit F to drop them to the ground. There are some floating verts in the vanilla navmesh in that area and those can sometimes confuse NPCs.

3. Open up your mod in TES5Edit and do a normal cleaning pass - check for ITMs and deleted navmesh and make sure it comes up with no errors. Check your warnings.txt file for the CK if you've turned off warnings as it may pop up something regarding the navmesh.

4. Make a copy of your mods esp file and open up the copy in TES5Edit. Navigate to the Worldspace section and delete any navmesh that is new - meaning any that isn't shaded in a color that would indicate its vanilla navmesh that has been edited. Test in game and see what if anything changes.

5. Do as #4 above but delete ALL navmesh edits in your mod from the problem areas and recreate the navmesh from scratch. This is the most drastic step of course but I've had to do it a few times for some of my mods when all else fails and the navmesh simply will not behave for the NPCs.

Just some things for you to try, good luck.

Everything looks ok from your pictures but its a set of pictures about navmesh so yeah, might not be the full story. I checked that area in the CK myself (without your mod of course) and there's nothing special about that location, just your typical wilderness navmeshing so it must be something you've done that is making this area act weirdly for the NPCs.

Things to try or check:

1. Change view modes in the navmesh toolbar and shift some of the vertices in the problem area by small amounts in order to check for doubled navmesh under some of the triangles. This can easily confuse NPCs if it exists in that location.

2. Select any vertices that are on that sort of multi-level ground slab and and hit F to drop them to the ground. There are some floating verts in the vanilla navmesh in that area and those can sometimes confuse NPCs.

3. Open up your mod in TES5Edit and do a normal cleaning pass - check for ITMs and deleted navmesh and make sure it comes up with no errors. Check your warnings.txt file for the CK if you've turned off warnings as it may pop up something regarding the navmesh.

4. Make a copy of your mods esp file and open up the copy in TES5Edit. Navigate to the Worldspace section and delete any navmesh that is new - meaning any that isn't shaded in a color that would indicate its vanilla navmesh that has been edited. Test in game and see what if anything changes.

5. Do as #4 above but delete ALL navmesh edits in your mod from the problem areas and recreate the navmesh from scratch. This is the most drastic step of course but I've had to do it a few times for some of my mods when all else fails and the navmesh simply will not behave for the NPCs.

Just some things for you to try, good luck.

Thank you for your reply, I will try the stuff you said. I already did nr.1 several times and I don't find any doubled navmesh, and I also did nr.2 while doing the original changes. I guess I will have to try the other options. About the error messages it shows yeah, it says that I must refinalize the navmesh in both those cells (-2,-14 and -2,-15) because some bounds are missing and I have done it several times aswell but doesn't fix the problem. I guess I will have to get TES5Edit. Never used it before so let's see how it goes.

Open the Navmesh menu bar then click the 11th button from the right its got a triangle and a question mark on it. This opens up a Select Triangle Box, now select a triangle in the cell you want to check and click the Check Navmesh button in the box. If it finds any dodgy triangles it will find them and you can tell it to delete them.

Open the Navmesh menu bar then click the 11th button from the right its got a triangle and a question mark on it. This opens up a Select Triangle Box, now select a triangle in the cell you want to check and click the Check Navmesh button in the box. If it finds any dodgy triangles it will find them and you can tell it to delete them.

Ok so I did what you said and didn't work, I tried also re-doing all the navmesh in cell -2,-15 and didn't work, only made it worse I guess my last option is just to restore the navmesh on those 2 cells to vanilla and start over and avoid touching on the borders again.

Yes, if in doubt start again

But now I have a problem, I can't figure out how to restore the navmesh in both those cells to the vanilla version, with TES5Edit. I have been searching on the internet but I can't find exactly what I am looking for. Found some stuff about fixing, but I don't want fixing I want a complete undo of all the changes I did. How do I do that?

Nevermind, I figured it out by myself and I reverted it, did the changes I had to do without touching the borders again and ta-daaaa problem solved, just have some little problem but it is inside the same cell so I might be able to solve it without a problem, the real pain in the ass was the borders and that is solved now. Thank you for your help guys :)