Need help with scripts for an armor Mod I created recently.

@reneer well thats one way,

but that script dousnt maintain OMOD's like balistic weave and so on. The problem aint the switching as such, it's making sure the omods remain attached to the armour.

Oh geez you're right. I completely skipped over that part. Edited by Reneer

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I want to have the zipped/unzipped and gogglesup/gogglesdown as OMOD's as well so that:

the item can be dropped and its faster to switch out the one mod instead of two mods which means it will be unequipped for a shorter amount of time and less likely to be noticed,

it would work with mods that tweak vanilla armour omod's without requiring a compatibility patch which is less work in the long run,

it would maintain the armour name if you rename it at an armour workbench,

it will remain in the favorites bar without the risk of it being forgotten by it.

The problem is that there is no way to get what OMODs are attached to a piece of armor (without F4SE). As you mentioned the only way to figure that out in vanilla would be via a keyword system, but then you have the issue of determining which keyword goes with which OMOD and connecting the two together. It would be an absolute pain in the ass.

Edited by Reneer

Ah but if you drop the item it generates a refid and its easy to scan the one item for the omod for the suit or goggles only. You would only need one keyword for the suit and one for the goggles.

My main problem so far for testing is trying to work out how to make armour omods....

Ah but if you drop the item it generates a refid and its easy to scan the one item for the omod for the suit or goggles only. You would only need one keyword for the suit and one for the goggles.

My main problem so far for testing is trying to work out how to make armour omods....

Yes, if you drop the item it does generate a RefID - that's how I made my Item Condition mod. Even if you get the RefID you still can't "scan" for what OMODs are attached to it. You would still end up needing to create an OMOD <-> Keyword system - scan for the keyword, attach the corresponding OMOD, etc. It's doable, of course, but, as I said, it quickly would become a pain.

Edited by Reneer

Just found this video, it is exactly (well, almost) what we need!!!! Mod here and video schowcase here.

That eyewear has only two omods, so he probably just switches two armors. But for zipped/ unzipped armor it's not going to work that way because it has various omods.