While wandering Diamond City during the in-game date of October 31st, I started hearing various NPCs crying out in pain. Curiously, I started following two men walking side by side when they both cried out in pain. Then suddenly, I took a tiny amount of damage from something invisible to me. I immediately enabled VATS and started searching for a target, but locked on to nothing. Did I just find a ghostly Easter Egg? :ermm:

I don't remember taking any damage from anything during the holiday. Just that the place is filled with Halloween decorations. You wouldn't happened to have gotten some footage of it? :smile:

No, but I found this other thread about it happening to someone else. I'm pretty sure it's related to the in-game Halloween date. https://community.bethesda.net/thread/88669?start=0&tstart=0

there's a santa and a 4th of July guy,

so, maybe it was a deliberative halloween thing.

or, it could have been a glitched enemy from that Malcolm Latimer hitmen crew...

if you killed Latimer's son,

hit squads spawn, and sometimes they're "under" diamond city...

that's the problem, it's hard to tell which is more probable.

if you have the savegame, you could re-load, and noclip under diamond city, to see if there's anything there.

or, it could have been a glitched enemy from that Malcolm Latimer hitmen crew...

if you have the savegame, you could re-load, and noclip under diamond city, to see if there's anything there.

Oh cool, there's a Santa? I visited DC on Dec. 25 and saw all the Christmas decorations and got some holiday-specific dialogue from a guard, but never noticed a Santa. Gonna have to visit again next year and poke around a bit more. Didn't know about the July 4 thing, or any Halloween thing. Gonna have to revisit DC on those dates too - kinda fun to stumble upon that kinda stuff.

No one under Diamond City that I can see. I'm still going with my ghost Easter egg theory.