Now can we say "no more wait for skse"

VulcanTR

Should i wait for SKSE?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Should i wait for SKSE?

• Yes it will release soon
    • Yes but don't expect it's release soon
    • No they cannot release because of reverse engineering, sorry.

When I played SLE I always installed Grimy's Utilities (hotkeys for spells, shouts etc) and SkyTweak (tweak a few things). Sure, I too miss SKSE-mods when I play SSE, but overtime I'm getting used to play SSE without SKSE.

However, that A Quality World Map mod is so good in SSE (you should really give it a try) that I can barely SLE without that map mod. So to sum it up; if I can play SSE without SkyTweak then I'm quite sure you can too.

Paper world map: A quality World Map (paper world map version in downloads)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides HDT and a few sexmods from Loverslab the most critical argument for SKSE (and the reason why I still play Oldrim) is Race Menu. It's not just the tons of options for the modification of a player character's appearance, it's crucial for creating standalone followers too, because you are able to shift your created player appearance in Race Menu over to a standalone follower and ONLY THEN followers/NPCs look as they should. Creating Followers/NPCs just by CK isn't even close when it comes to options and I won't even talk about the usual CK bugs (which are - unbelievably - still there) like the dark face bug.

So I rate SKSE pretty high when it comes to the question if I will ever use the SSE Edition and as I heard about the start of a development of a SKSE64 version I was pretty excited. When it comes to SKSE the different estimations of its personal importance may base on what you do with Skyrim. You don't need it for just playing, even modded playing, but the times were I seriously played Skyrim are over for me. I had two complete Skyrim playthroughs with all achievements and all quests, the whole map explored, both chars well in the lvl 80+. Meanwhile I use Skyrim much more as a professional base for personal modding and learning stuff like NIFscope/photoshop or get a grasp how things in a game work.

You really can enjoy the game without SKSE, there is a lot of mods who got updated / converted without need to have SKSE. i'm personally on the SE, 200+ mods installed. The only missing mods, are some details, like animation dodge roll and stuff like that, maybe some MCM menu i admint, but it's still really enjoyable, the game is more stable.

Is it still possible for SKSE to be picked up again? Seems like the thread is moving onto how Skyrim SE can be enjoyed without it. I kinda want to look at SKSE and try to help it.

Not sure who that guy is but sounds like one of the member in the SKSE development team. He said this on reddit.
------------------------------------------------

[–]Qazyhn 150 points 3 months ago
We have plenty of offers, but we have yet to have anyone with the actual skill set and motivation we need. The skill bar is higher than some actual development jobs out there so it's not easy to get people who are interested and obviously won't be paid. Knowing C++ is a basic requirement, but it's not going to help with the development of SKSE64.
The C++ code is already all there, what we need someone who can:
decode classes (from memory)
verify class alignments (and fix them)
update addresses (this is actually easier than alignment fixing)
SKSE64 isn't something that can be realized by throwing developers who lack the required skills at it. Additionally these skills aren't something you can just learn in a few days like transferring to a new programming language. I can point people with prior C++ experience in the right direction for getting started but none of us really have the time to teach.
----------------------------------------
Well, that was three months ago.
What do you all think?
Edit: Found his reddit page. There was a lot of programming mumbo jumbo.
Edited by Zac1993

Is it still possible for SKSE to be picked up again? Seems like the thread is moving onto how Skyrim SE can be enjoyed without it. I kinda want to look at SKSE and try to help it.

Not sure who that guy is but sounds like one of the member in the SKSE development team. He said this on reddit.

------------------------------------------------

[–]Qazyhn 150 points 3 months ago
We have plenty of offers, but we have yet to have anyone with the actual skill set and motivation we need. The skill bar is higher than some actual development jobs out there so it's not easy to get people who are interested and obviously won't be paid. Knowing C++ is a basic requirement, but it's not going to help with the development of SKSE64.
The C++ code is already all there, what we need someone who can:
decode classes (from memory)
verify class alignments (and fix them)
update addresses (this is actually easier than alignment fixing)
SKSE64 isn't something that can be realized by throwing developers who lack the required skills at it. Additionally these skills aren't something you can just learn in a few days like transferring to a new programming language. I can point people with prior C++ experience in the right direction for getting started but none of us really have the time to teach.
----------------------------------------
Well, that was three months ago.
What do you all think?
Edit: Found his reddit page. There was a lot of programming mumbo jumbo.

I think people should stop worrying about it. Either play SSE and enjoy the various mods that have made it over without the need for SKSE (and some that have been converted to work without it!), stay on Oldrim, or play something else. I believe it will get done eventually. The game isn't going anywhere.

Even if SKSE64 were released tomorrow, that doesn't mean that the various authors with SKSE-dependant mods will all be rushing to port them over to SSE. Some of those authors may have just moved on from Skyrim altogether, or are busy with other projects, or have real-life issues to deal with.

As much as i appreciate the elder scrolls modding community ... there are 2 things that i will never understand ...

BTW ... nobody else loses but you ... and you are not punishing anyone else but yourself ... SSE ... gave me like 3 crashes in almost year of HEAVY MODDED GAME ... while Oldrim produced for me a crash at 15 minutes ... or 5-6 new cell loads ... counted ... never reached 7 consecutive loads without a crash ... and i didn't even used an enb (just sweet fx) ... and it's not like i had a crapy computer ... i have the same sistem i have now ... i7 4790K, with GTX 970 4 VRAM, and 16 GB RAM ... running the game on 240 Skyrim dedicated SSD, different from the system disk SSD, an a w7 x64 ... Perhaps the 32 bits procesors and OS ... will operate better Skyrim 32 bits ... but not much better ... because it has a shortage of memory that cannot be overcame on a heavy modded game ... so no point in lying ... about how stable it is Skyrim x32 for you! ... :smile:

theoretically I don't disagree but I've been modding my Oldrim for all that time and many quality of life mods aren't on SSE I really enjoy ( or at least I can't find equivalents) . The task of recreating the game i love is pretty daunting . everyone has things they love and without some feels like a huge downgrade. Something as simple as no good dodge mod makes combat so much less fun for example. Every time I try to play I SSE I end up trying to hunt down a feature i really miss then give up in frustration after a while.

The modders are doing a great job and its probably unreasonable to expect to pretty much transfer my experience but SSE just feels like a downgrade until I can match what I spend years tweaking so I stick with Oldrim. Mine is really stable by the way to the point if I do get a crash, I'm actually surprised

When I played SLE I always installed Grimy's Utilities (hotkeys for spells, shouts etc) and SkyTweak (tweak a few things). Sure, I too miss SKSE-mods when I play SSE, but overtime I'm getting used to play SSE without SKSE.

However, that A Quality World Map mod is so good in SSE (you should really give it a try) that I can barely SLE without that map mod. So to sum it up; if I can play SSE without SkyTweak then I'm quite sure you can too.

Paper world map: A quality World Map (paper world map version in downloads)

nevermind