Unable to mark forums as read.

TheGreatFalro

Hey, I'm getting a "you don't have permission to do that" error when trying to use the "Mark this forum as read" button (or clicking the "new" button on a subforum). It was working fine this morning. Just a heads-up.

Thanks.

If this is continuing to happen, can you please provide the url of a page that is affected? Also, can you copy / paste or take a screenshot of the resulting error in it's entirety? That may help us find the cause of the issue. Thank you!

• 2 months later...

i got this too.

i'm at the fallout 4 forums for example General Discussion

the link address of "mark this forum as read" is: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=markasread&marktype=forum&forumid=3484&returntoforumid=3484

Sorry, you don't have permission for that!
Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available. [#20312.1]

The "mark Community as read" link down below of the site works.

My Specs:
Windows 10 64bit, Firefox 55.0.3. 64bit with No Script Add-on.

---

Update:

In my case No Script was causing this. I trusted all the domains except of three preset by the add-on: google-analytics.com, crazyegg.com and ajax.googleapis.com

trusted those 3 domains temporary. and it seems the ajax.googleapis.com is needed for this function.

so if anybody having same issues using firefox with no-script. check the settings of that add-on and look if you are blocking ajax.googleapis.com.

Edited by maverikch