A new guide to running over 250 mods without problems (WIP)

DontBlnkBadWolf

I have 590 installed plugins, only 252 of them are active, the rest are merged. The total size of all my mods goes over 50GB (not counting the vainilla resources). These are my specs:
6GB of RAM
GForce GTX750 ti oc
AMD Phenom 2 X2

It's crap. Still, I can run the game (although it takes ages to load an area and every resource). I'm pretty sure the game never crashes at startup because of having too many addons active (as long as you don't go over the hardcoded limit of 255 addons). If it crashes for you at 183 plugins, you either have missing dependencies, or something is wrong with one of your mods. Keep in mind you can also hit the limit if your addons have disabled dependencies (the game will load them anyways, and it probably won't crash, but you'll have many problems in game).

Edited by MaxShadow09

• 10 months later...

If anyone is still getting notices about a new comment to this thread, go to page 1. I have started updating this, finally. All explained on my first post.

"If it crashes for you at 183 plugins, you either have missing dependencies, or something is wrong with one of your mods."

Not true. Your game can crash if you have too many mods and your PC is not strong enough.

I have the distinct feeling that you guys really should first define what you mean by "crashing" because there are actual several things that can crash Creation Engine and just using the word "crash" doesn't really tell anything about the circumstances.

Really leads you nowhere if you don't establish common terminology. This is technology, not some obscure voodoo s#*!. (I know, I know)

"If it crashes for you at 183 plugins, you either have missing dependencies, or something is wrong with one of your mods."

Not true. Your game can crash if you have too many mods and your PC is not strong enough.

Or they may have to sort masters. A game can start with certain masters not sorted, and then, example, try to open PipBoy and then it CTDs

Forgive the delay again, It's still the busy season for Gatoraid, and I'm on a mandatory 5th day work rotation. I plan on getting some more done on this, this coming Sunday.