Skyrim on the Nintendo switch

JustATac0

Consoles are far from dying. On the Nintendo side though they have started considering releasing on PC.

I haven't kept up with news on that, but if it's true, it'd be a godsend. There's just nothing like their games on PC, which is why I don't see it as an either/or situation.

About the closest is that indie game Pez, but I hate the developer. lol.

• 9 months later...

Does anyone know if Nintendo will let Bethesda games alter and add scripts such as XBox One?

For sharing your time and the Force, grateful am I. Sorry for the necromancy, just thought this was better than creating a new thread.

SSE is the hope of mine, because it is precisely an upgrade 64'bit game engine. Why Oldrim is even a thing is beyond the understanding of mine. 'Lack of funds' is a questionable reasoning, as at the time of release they offered SSE free for those who one Shad all the DLCs.

Bethesda has already been 'porting their games to the Nintendo Switch, so suggesting the system is somehow inferior is just silliness, think do I. Yet, it would be smart for Nintendo to create and release a gaming 'host' program to be run on a PC, that also connects to Switch. That way they are able to further complete with XBox One, Steam, and GOG. Increased competition is always a good situation for consumers.

Sony has deliberately handicapped their console, by having a regressive policy concerning modding through Bethesda.net. Hopefully soon, they will fix that and update their policy.

Edited by 2p1k3

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if Nintendo will let Bethesda games alter and add scripts such as XBox One?

For sharing your time and the Force, grateful am I. Sorry for the necromancy, just thought this was better than creating a new thread.

SSE is the hope of mine, because it is precisely an upgrade 64'bit game engine. Why Oldrim is even a thing is beyond the understanding of mine. 'Lack of funds' is a questionable reasoning, as at the time of release they offered SSE free for those who one Shad all the DLCs.

Bethesda has already been 'porting their games to the Nintendo Switch, so suggesting the system is somehow inferior is just silliness, think do I. Yet, it would be smart for Nintendo to create and release a gaming 'host' program to be run on a PC, that also connects to Switch. That way they are able to further complete with XBox One, Steam, and GOG. Increased competition is always a good situation for consumers.

Sony has deliberately handicapped their console, by having a regressive policy concerning modding through Bethesda.net. Hopefully soon, they will fix that and update their policy.

Not a officially supported way but if you use Homebrew right now with LayeredFS you can run SEE mods, I currently have Ordinator, Apocalypse, Wildcat, Wildcat Realistic Damage, and Cheat Room working on switch, currently cant use most mods without converting the textures and sound files though and so far only the texture converting has been figured out. would be nice if we could get a Skyrim Switch Nexus one day :P

I think it will devour my life if I buy it. It has motion control for combat and possibly aiming with the bow I think so that's a huge factor for me. So I am definitely going to get it. Also, Skyrim without being locked to a tv or computer screen, even better! :D Edited by Niborino9409

The portability is really cool.. but I'm so used to freedom on a PC that I'd never play Skyrim otherwise.

Funnily, I think some of Zelda's best ideas probably came from Skyrim's modding community. I have a feeling the developers were fans and integrated survival and degradation stuff seamlessly for their own game. Among other things.