It is possible to make the neck texture transparent for an armor?

Hi, so first of all I am relatively new to modding, so excuse me if I do things wrong lol.

I would like to make a half-transparent armor for a mod I make. So I took an existing armor (that covers everything) and did a Material swap with my transparent texture.

Everything works fine BUT the neck texture still appear under the armor there:

1498942161-screenshot0.png

(btw don't pay attention to the way it looks it's not iver yet lol)

So is there a way to get rid of that neck? If not I'll just make it non-transparent but it would be nice that way haha.

Thank you very much anyway!

Hi, so first of all I am relatively new to modding, so excuse me if I do things wrong lol.

I would like to make a half-transparent armor for a mod I make. So I took an existing armor (that covers everything) and did a Material swap with my transparent texture.

Everything works fine BUT the neck texture still appear under the armor there:

1498942161-screenshot0.png

(btw don't pay attention to the way it looks it's not iver yet lol)

So is there a way to get rid of that neck? If not I'll just make it non-transparent but it would be nice that way haha.

Thank you very much anyway!

Hi there,

I suggest opening and editing your outfit in NifScope. First get existing armor nif from game by unpacking meshes.bsa from game folder. Next, open nif armor into NifScope and edit the material paths to your invisible material: right click Name right of txt and select "Edit String Index" and type in your material path. For the other shapes, just double left click near txt of the Name and enter number of the material path you just created. Then, select neck area and right-click > Block > Insert > NiA...> NiAlphaProperty. Edit the block details of the NiAlpha property to 4844 for Flags and 128 for Threshold. Then, Select neck shape again and find BS Properties in Block data and enter number of the NiAlphaProperty your created. Finally, save your nif to a unique name so you later add it to an armor addon in the CK.

Sorry about being a little bit technical. If you want to know the basics of creating armor/outfits try following this tutorial.

-r00stafarian