Error trying to get the file / filedelivery.nexusmods.com took too long to respond

OmegaSpartan256

Hi all, recently I haven't been able to download anything from any of the Nexusmods games. Everytime I attempt to download a file via NMM or Manual dl I get a connection time out. Every other site I am able to download well without problems so I don't think it's an ISP issue as I am also able to ping the filedelivery.nexusmods.com page. How can I fix this? Thanks

I've also attached a pic of the page that I get whenever I try to download manual (the example used is the Steyr Aug mod)

And here is the message I get from NMM in the downloads tab

Error trying to get the file: http://filedelivery.nexusmods.com/1151/AUG A1 Assault Rifle-25093-1-0.rar?fid=102444&ttl=1498996574&ri=8192&rs=8192&setec=a31507c28c7949de665dcca070317f84

Edited by OmegaSpartan256

The problem is at the client (your) end, not the server (Nexus) end. How do we know? If it were at this end, hundreds-if-not-thousands of other members would be reporting this problem.

Places to look (at your end):

1. Browser; Flush cache. Flush/switch DNS provider. Switch to another browser.

2. Router; Restart. If computer is portable, try from another location.

3. ISP; Some time ago, a particular Australian ISP was dropping connections to/through the Nexus. Maybe yours is doing something similar? Again, try from another location/different ISP.

4. Computer; Try from another one.

Other than suggesting some things you can do yourself, not much anyone here can offer given the information available.

Thanks for responding, I was wrong in my first assumption and now believe that it is indeed an ISP issue

My only solution was to use a VPN as methods 1, 2 and 4 did not work during my previous attempts

Thanks again for the help and apologies for the annoyances

Edited by OmegaSpartan256

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

just began having the same problem, manager or manual download is not working, but when i use VPN manual download seems to be working, manager download still has the same error. i seriously need help on what i should do to fix this. (ps with vpn my download speed is 40-50kb/s :D)

Edited by jasonsaputr