Pre-Touching the Sky access to the Forgotten Vale

abborre

I was somewhat surprised to find that there wasn't a mod that allowed you to access the Forgotten Vale location from the Dawnguard DLC, before doing it as part of the quest "Touching the Sky", which is otherwise the only way to access that location.

So my request is for a mod that does precisely that, immersively allows you to visit the Forgotten Vale without doing the Dawnguard/Volkihar questline, by simply implementing some alternate cave passage. It could be something as simple as a cave entrance somewhere in Darkfall Cave or somehwere else in Skyrim, that takes you to Darkfall Passage, or some other area connected to the Forgotten Vale, without having to use Gelebor's wayshrine.

Since this would be done without Gelebor or any of the wayshrines, it'd mean you wouldn't have the Initiate's Ewer, and would thus be unable to unlock the Chantry of Auri-El, but I'm personally pretty ok with that.

My only additional (and fairly obvious) requests are that the mod does not interfere with one's ability to play the Dawnguard/Volkihar questline later if one so choses, in other words, it shouldn't interfere with the Touching the Sky quest. So for example, you could make sure that the spectral prelates do not appear/cannot be interacted with before initiating the quest, and/or whatever else may or may not be necessary. That, and the mod ought to be compatible with Atlas Map Markers, assuming there's any reason why it wouldn't be, or the Vale would be a pain to traverse, especially without the wayshrines.

Thank you for reading and possibly considering my humble request!

Edited by abborre

• 3 years later...