Hello! Ill get straight to the point, im relatively new to sound modding in skyrim, and i have never made a mod outside of the creation kit. I have made a bunch of sound replacers, replacing the bandit voicelines and i cant get it to work.

I have made the sound files and changed the name to the original name of the voicelines and converted them into .fuz files. I then made the same folderpath in the mod as they are in the game ( Data/ sound/ voice/ skyrim.esm/ malebandit/ ) and put my .fuz files in there.

I later tried to launch the game, having activated the mod in NMM but i still didn't hear them ingame.

Did i do something wrong? I appriciate any type of help that i can get :)

Hmm... Weird. :/ I think that should work on Oldrim, so why not SSE? Maybe make sure that they're the exact same names and folder paths?
I haven't used NMM in a long time though, so I don't know how I can help much. I personally use Mod Organizer, which makes making mods easier in my opinion, since you can easily enable and disable mods without uninstalling and re-installing, as well as keeping the data folder clean.
Have you tried doing a new save? Maybe try using [Archive] bInvalidateOlderFiles =1 in your Skyrim ini, or running NMM as administrator?
Also, does your mod have an .esp? Is it in a BSA format? I've heard that if a BSA doesn't have a matching .ESP, it won't load in Skyrim.

Edited by thek8ikat

What is your esp doing if you are just replacing vanilla sound files with your own?

Have you tried placing the wav and lip files in the right directory not the fuz?

I hope your not using a BSA because you need the new files to be loose files so they replace the ones in the skyrim sounds bsa

Yup! they're loose, and im not using a bsa. I thought the file path looked a little weird when scouring through bethesdas bsa files, ( Data/ sound/ voice/ skyrim.esm/ malebandit/ ) where it has a skyrim.esm folder.. looked a little out of place..

Here is a screenshot of how my mod directory looks like http://imgur.com/a/Kltuc

The path is fine, the skyrim.esm folder indicates that that is the mod that contains the dialogue. If you did your own mod that had dialogue in it that folder would be mymodname.esp. Thats why i asked you what your mods esp was doing, if its not adding dialogue the pathname you are using is correct. In which case my suggestion to try with the wav and lip files stands.