Do I have to launch through Frosty mod manager every time?

HakuSenpai

yes u do, otherwise it just runs the vanilla game, u can launch the mod manager from the cmdline, so that way u can create a shortcut to run the game, using the following command:

FrostyModManager.exe -launch <ProfileName>

this will launch the mod manager, which will automatically launch the game with the specified profile, and then the mod manager will shut itself down.

yes u do, otherwise it just runs the vanilla game, u can launch the mod manager from the cmdline, so that way u can create a shortcut to run the game, using the following command:

FrostyModManager.exe -launch <ProfileName>

this will launch the mod manager, which will automatically launch the game with the specified profile, and then the mod manager will shut itself down.

Thank you!!

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey i know this post is from awhile ago but could i please have some help making this work?

It took me awhile to figure it out. (I made a new profile, added the mods I use and named it MEA)

Your shortcut should look like this. (Edit the path to match yours)

"D:\Frosty Mod Manager\FrostyModManager.exe" -launch MEA
Edited by Tachyana1

• 1 month later...

I take it there's no way to have Frosty do what's needed for the mods to be present *without* starting the game, is there? I also use WeMod and I believe that similarly requires the game be launched from within the application. That would mean I have to choose between mods and what WeMod offers.

@dmittner; You are correct, you have to choose which (set of) mods you want to use and launch the game via the appropriate utility.

(Older ".daimod" files could be packaged directly into the game, but that method had other drawbacks.)

• 6 months later...

Is there any sort of command line syntax I can use within the FMM launch config options to allow it to launch games that are installed on different drives? It's completely stupid if this FMM can't launch a game just because its installation location isn't the C:\ drive. FFM and the game are both installed on my F:\ drive, I just dont see how/why the f*#@ that should EVER matter.

• 8 months later...

I take it there's no way to have Frosty do what's needed for the mods to be present *without* starting the game, is there? I also use WeMod and I believe that similarly requires the game be launched from within the application. That would mean I have to choose between mods and what WeMod offers.

Old post I get it, but reguarding WeMod in general, you can start up the game from anywhere, then hit the play button and it will automatically attach to the game. If your dealing with a game that WeMod doesnt have on a different platform i.e. ME:A on Origin but not steam, using the fix button will let you pick the exe for that game, doesnt matter what platform since it attaches to the executable. You should be able to pretty much mod anything so long as the modding doesnt change the exe itself.

• 1 month later...

Why can't we just add the mods to the game files, like you can do with most games? Why do you have to use a mod manager? I can understand that a mod manager can be a safer, and easier way to mod the game...keeping them separate...which allows you to easily remove broken mods, and not have to delete and relaod your game...but once you know a mod works, why can't you instead, just make it part of the game file, like you do with the OT?