Do I have to launch through Frosty mod manager every time?

HakuSenpai

@BUCKinFL;

Short Answer: ME:A uses the Frostbite engine. Modding games that use FrostBite is much more difficult than for those using many others, especially the Gamebryo/Creation Engine used for the Elder Scrolls games. The "managers" are a godsend for making modding Frostbite games possible at all for non-programmers!

Unlike the Unreal Engine used for the earlier ME games, or what BioWare had done for their own Eclipse/Aurora engine used for the first two games in the DA-series, DICE (the developers of Frostbite, then named "FrostByte", and now owned by EA) have never released a tool kit for modders. Their only public comment on the subject was, "Maybe someday..."

Oh, and all of EA's AAA games are now required to use Frostbite since; they own it, and it makes it easy to port the code to all the relevant platforms (PC, Xbox, PS, and even Swtich.)

• 1 month later...

I understand why you have to do it this way but it sucks a bit for me personally because I am unable to launch DA: Inquisition in Windows 10 without using the launch troubleshooter thingy ( have tried lost of things to fix it and no luck ) so launching through Frosty doesn't work for me either and just does basically the same thing trying to launch it normally does meaning nothing.